Camoron slags off the Iron Lady's film...

Oh this is fucking rich,coming from mong magnet CaMoron...

BBC News - David Cameron: Thatcher film 'made too soon'

David Cameron: Thatcher film 'made too soon'

The film focuses on Baroness Thatcher in old age with flashbacks to her time in office

David Cameron has said he wishes the film The Iron Lady - about Baroness Thatcher - had been made "another day".

The prime minister said the portrayal of his predecessor by Meryl Streep was "a fantastic piece of acting", but questioned the timing of the film.

He told the BBC it was "more about ageing and elements of dementia rather than about an amazing prime minister".

He's right. Another couple of months and they would have been able to film a happy ending.

I would not give 2 hours of my life to watching it. To be fair though he probably is right watching anyone getting deeper to dementia is highly intrusive particularly when they are still alive

Rubbish Film,,in my opinion,,if spike7451 will allow any one else to have one.....

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
He's right. Another couple of months and they would have been able to film a happy ending.

I would not give 2 hours of my life to watching it. To be fair though he probably is right watching anyone getting deeper to dementia is highly intrusive particularly when they are still alive
At least she'll be able to watch it over and over again without ever tiring of it.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
The film "The Iron Lady" has been given a "PG" rating. Apparently it's not suitable for Miners.

Oh my coat and taxi, thank you so much.......

Ok then - who here would still "throw one up" Meryl Streep?

Once it is on a channel its stays on. The lady is not for turning

I dont like Thatcher but seeing someone pretending to be her whhilst going nuts is not my idea of entertainment
The wrong thread title..no slagging off by Cameron at all and I would agree with him.

How about 'The Lady is not a turnip....but will be soon.'.....?

This slots into the into the "Braveheart" genre,another figment of someones not so fertile imagination,or great title,shame about the film.

What next "Harold Wilson,the lost years",or "Ronald Regan the first cuckoo of spring",remember Phylida Lloyds last film was,"Mama Mia",also starring.......Meryl Streep,FFS. :roll:

Bloody Hell, suppose Ms Streep stood as a Tory candidate in the next election all tarted up in her Maggie makeup..............................and won.

Bloody Hell, suppose Ms Streep stood as a Tory candidate in the next election all tarted up in her Maggie makeup..............................and won.
Iron Lady v Plastic Lady,,,no contest.............

Iron Lady v Plastic Lady,,,no contest.............

Iron and plastic will both melt where Maggie's going .......

This film seems to be getting an extraordinary amount of coverage. It seems that a lot of archive film is used so a number of junior political journos in the 80s that are now reasonably senior are in it and can't help but make sure the world knows. Even if Maggie is shown sitting in her own dribble pretending she's a squirrel it has to be funnier than Puss in Boots was last week............

This film seems to be getting an extraordinary amount of coverage. It seems that a lot of archive film is used so a number of junior political journos in the 80s that are now reasonably senior are in it and can't help but make sure the world knows. Even if Maggie is shown sitting in her own dribble pretending she's a squirrel it has to be funnier than Puss in Boots was last week............

MMmmmmm is that Sour Grapes I can smell,,or maybe Bullshit,,or better yet Cat shit,,,,get a grip,,better Mags and her faults than Foot with his Fecking Donkey Jacket,,and don't forget that Scargill was a Ginger Tosser,,who else was suitable to run the run down country that 'Crisis what Crisis?' Callaghan left us.....