Camoron blows it - Hints no EU referendum

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Semper_Flexibilis, Sep 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grr! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!
  2. Never Believe anything untill it's officially denied 8)
  3. Can someone point out a real difference between New Labour and Blue Labour?
  4. Without a clear policy and a meaningful promies of a referendum I will not vote Conservative.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Clear policy or I vote elsewhere, how many million people in this country want that referendum Cameron? Do you want to loose their votes?
  5. There is no difference, they do what the civil servents tell them
  6. Broon won't be there to get his arrse fooked!!!!
    Or just the colour of the rose perhaps :roll:
  7. Mate, I dislike the current 'administration' as much as the next man. Wild horses wouldn't get me into the voting booth next May to put an 'X' against their candidate. However, we really are fooling ourselves if we think for just one minute that the next lot are not going to irritate, self serve, nest feather etc etc.

I suppose there are degrees of incompetency and we must hope that whoever the great British public put into power next time at least pretend to make a better fist of it. Or stop robbing me blind.

Whatever happens, I believe there are enough marginal Tory voters around, unconvinced by call-me-Dave to give UKIP and one or two others a few seats.

Let's hope so!
  8. Has that penny only just dropped?

Why do you think that Sun didn't wait until the end of next week to back him? They know full well the his conference has the potential to turn into a car-crash when Ireland passes the treaty and he has to tell everyone he isn't going to give them a vote. Against that background the Sun could never back him. By turning on Brown today, they get to side with Cameron in general but get to fool their simple-minded readers into thinking that they didn't see this coming, and so tell its readers that Cameron has stabbed they in the back after they gave him support in good faith.
  9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Hold on:

"If this treaty is still alive, if it is still being discussed and debated anywhere in Europe, then we will give you that referendum, we will name the date during the election campaign, we'll hold that referendum straight away and I will lead the campaign for a No," he said.

So what he is saying is that if it is already a closed issue, he won't reopen it because it would presumably make no difference anyway? But if it is still open then there will be a referendum.
    That is not anything new.
  10. He'll have to live with more than just the EU headache after he inherits Brown's mess. Labour know full well its pretty hard to 'unsign' documents. Can't blame the Tories on this occasion.
  11. Spot on.
  12. No, it isn't anything new at all, exactly what Cameron has said all along.
    However it is still not an acceptable stance, the bloody feckless git should stand up and state a clear policy. This is the man who will more than likely be our next PM and he's not shoing any sign of being much better than the current moron.
    Does he realise how many million votes he is going to loose without undertaking to give us a referendum? If he gauranteed that referendum he would take every vote UKIP currently gets. He evidently feels he doesn't need them?
  13. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Is he not just hedging his bets until the Poles either ratify or throw it out?

If they say no (assuming Ireland say yes) then there's a whole can of worms right there.