Camo day launch in schools

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Ssafa fundraising, Mar 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

This year we have launched a new initiative in schools across the UK

Camo Day is a nationwide non uniform day inaid of armed forces charity, SSAFA Forces Help.

We are asking every school in the UK to show they care about oursoldiers, sailors, airmen and their families on 29th June 2012, which is theday before Armed Forces Day.

In return for a small donation, children can dress up like our troops, camopaint their faces or wear green, navy or airforce blue clothes and accessories.It’s easy to do, and lots of fun.

The money raised will mean SSAFA Forces Help can continue to support 50,000soldiers, sailors, airmen and their families every year, including veterans.

Last year, Filey Schoolin North Yorkshire held the first ever Camo Day. Theyraised over £1000 and had a great time too.

For more information, including a resource pack and to register your interest,please visit www.ssafa.org.uk/camoday. Allchildren joining in Camo Day will receive a special wristband to say thank you.

Please help if you know a school that would be interested.

Kind Regards

Steve
    SSAFA Forces Help

Thanks in advance, from everyone at SSAFA Forces Help.

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Will the money raised by the schools be kept by the local branches?

3. Yes it will.
    all we ask is the branch to make contact and offer support.

Are you a member of a branch? I cover the North, isle of man and Ireland.

4. Sounds great mate. Have passed onto my lads school who are keen. Nice to see the negative dinosaurs are still at Ssafa. My dad was a caseworker in Merseyside and always talked about the central office haters. Don't let them drag you down. You are doing a great job, lad

5. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

I have now spoken on the phone to Steve's boss.

The original information is not really clear.

When SSAFA have a list of the schools who wish to participate this will be disseminated to the local Branch who will then decide how or whether the wish to assist the school.
    All money raised WILL be kept in the local area and not swept into the 'big pot'.

6. Right, I will see about getting this into the school where I volunteer. As they know I am Army, they will probably say "Yes please and will you organise it for us". Im happy to do so as it is for a good cause and raises the profile of the Armed Forces in the school.

7. And i can bet the marxist I.R.A loving national union of teachers [NUT] will be very happy with that arrangement.

8. But its still a great cause and im all for it but the NUT may try to disrupt things.

9. I cant see the NUT disrupting this anywhere near where I live. If they tried, it would be a serious own goal.

10. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Same in a lot of areas.
    The person I spoke to earlier was is going to make phone calls so the information is properly diseminated to the caseworkers who will have children or grandchildren or even great grandchildren in school and they can assist getting it in.

Hopefully it was also raise SSAFA's profile, as it can be frustrating sometimes. As was said on another thread.