Camerons Speech

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Office_Linebacker, Oct 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. About to start on bbc news 24 and bbc parliament.....

William Hague introduces a lot of faces that no one recognises.... and then bono's massive head on the big screen talking about ssaving the world.....
  2. First couple of minutes OK - life under labour is naff, hard wok - uphill task - view from summit will be worth it.

I'm ready for it.

I await the beef, but believe it wil come
  3. Bang defence/MOD/afg first subject
  4. God I love the Tory party.
  5. Ooh - good stuff on 96% tax rate on the poor. A trifle contrived but shows how naff current Govt really is.
  6. A good thumping of words towards Mr Brown & its failings towards Britains broken society, a fair bit of emotion & stern words, well constructed with tact & diplomacy, still early doors so far but not bad.
  7. Loved the Nuremburg/Stalinist Rally style seemingly endless round of applause for armed forces at the start. Shameless wrapping of Tory party in the Union flag

You could almost hear the Schmeissers being cocked to eliminate the first person to stop clapping..........
  8. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Pity no one shouted Options for Change and Frontline First at him
  9. Well, thank christ for that!!! We are all saved.

Iain Duncan Smith is going to be in charge of "Repairing Broken Britain".

Well, lets vote them in immediately and stop worrying about the future.
  10. I liked the bit where I realised his missus would get it.
  11. Just wondering who do you think we should be voting in to sort the mess out?
  12. No. You miss my point.

Appointing "Czars" with a wide ranging remit like that doesn't work. It hasn't worked for the last 12 years, and this wont change it.

Oh, and IDS, as far as I can see, is a class 1 ccok.
  13. "Oh, and IDS, as far as I can see, is a class 1 ccok"

On the subject of mending a broken society IDS has done much research both in this country and abroad, and has much to offer. IDS being inside a government from next May would be a good move. He is open minded and has looked at other systems to investigate how other countries tackle the same issues.
  14. Christ, I've heard of getting your excuses in early but that takes the pi55! :D
  15. Even lefties have grudgingly conceded that he has done some outstanding work in this area, and appears to have done so whilst jettisoning 'traditional' Tory thinking on the issue.