Cameron warns NATO of "last chance to succeed in A-stan"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ash_p, Dec 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20091204/tuk-cameron-warns-of-nato-last-chance-6323e80.html

Seriously? F*CK the public I say. We're over there for a reason, not to keep newspaper sales up. If WWII had a timetable to be finished by before people got a little bit bored with all the warring, etc. then we'd all be speaking German and wearing lederhosen. Mind you our woman would be fitter! (I joke) And as for these fatalistic and weak willed politicians...don't even get me started!!

/rant.

All aboard the rage bus! :wink:

2. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Another last chance? They just keep piling up...

3. Has he actually told anyone what he thinks 'succeed' will look like or is he just like all the rest?

4. He just does not want to inherit the problem when,(IF), He wins the next General Election.

5. Is that the public who pay our wages and elect the Government who decides what happens to us... 8O

6. I don't mean disregard them entirely, as technically they are the ones the Forces are 'fighting for', but really, it is hardly up to them to decide, once a war has started, how and when it will end. Given the nature of the current war in the sandpit, you can't very well put an end-date on it and expect Terry to go along with it!

7. What are you guys talking about? If we are to succeed in AFG then a number of different elements need to come together. Only only one part is the issue of public support. More importantly is the outright support of the (currently) elected government. So far that has been lacking in all areas. for example: if Barack Obama can meet a repatriation flight, bringing in the dead then why can't Gordon? It's not a question of politics but one of government.

8. Slightly off topic but does shaving half your moustache off mean anything in particular.

The only reason I ask is that the Sun has a picture of Dave and the two soldiers on the left of the picture appear to be missing half their moustaches. It could of course be q trick of the light . . . .

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/2759345/David-Camerons-election-vow-on-Afghanistan.html

Any captions/speech bubbles gratefully receieved. I wracking my brains as I write this.

9. "Cameron not prepared to go all the way, neither are our moustaches!"