Cameron .. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by AIR FILTER, Sep 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any one getting the same feeling as me that Cameron is sending out a image of Cut, Cut, and more Cut's in his own country whilst with his other hand concentrating his efforts on trying to democratise other country's in the world with his full support for revolution and his over generous handouts and aid packages with compliments from the British tax payer ?

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I struggle with difficult concepts but have no problem with 'Cameron and his gang are a bunch of Eton and Oxbridge educated ******* who have no life experience other than the Bullingdon Club then the Westminster gravy train so don't expect anything from them other than a swift one up the jaxie then to be sent a bill for the lube'.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Same as it ever was tbh.

4. Quite excellently phrased. No need for me to watch Question time tonight.

5. I cant stand the tories, not for love nor money. But the revolutions in the middle east we're financing? Such as Libya, such as one of the biggest oil producing countires in the east? And the tories have managed to persuade the libyans themselves to do the fighting and dieing instead of the British Army, and we just have to give them the weapons... I can live with that kind of investment!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seriously? It was my understanding that Libya is far from the Premier League of oil producing nations. Celtic rather than Man United.

7. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

8. I enjoyedthe BBC Report last night. I was first struck by the archive film of Blair cuddling Gaddaffi carefully intercut with shiney faced Tory boy playing up to the stage managed adulation in Tripoli (along with a side order of greasy Frog soaking up his own share) which would had Tory Central Office spitting about bias had it been done the other way about.

Best of all though was the voiceover that said "the new Libyan governing council is rumoured to be considering rewarding France & Britain with new oil contracts".

"Wow" I thought, "That is nice of them. And entirely unexpected"

Isn't it lovely when a purely altruistic act such as committing your Airforce to bomb an Army into submission over a 5 month period at the taxpayer's expense is rewarded in such a thoughtful manner?

9. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

I'm still waiting for the price to fall at the pumps.

10. thats good, i never felt like we got enough oil for our investment in iraq.

i never thought we should have gotten involved in a civil war and felt that it just displayed that politicians had learnt absolutely nothing in the last 10 years, not to mention the fact that at a time when we're already at war and cutting our armed forces we should probably be trying to reduce the number of conflicts we're involved in not jump into a couple more.

.....but if we're getting some oil out of it then happy days! its all about the benjamins after all

11. Not in your lifetime.

12. Gadaffi had his head screwed on, like the rest of the oil rich Arabs. It's all supply 'n demand, the less you produce the better price you get and the longer your reserves last. It's the net users who are obliged to keep their oil wells going flat out.

Foreign aid wouldn't be so bad if it was tied to the UK economy - given in UK products or linked to trade deals.