Cameron replies - British Forces News interview

I think Camerons actions speak far louder than his weasle words.

He considers funding the EU more important than funding defence.

He should resign.

I think Camerons actions speak far louder than his weasle words.

He considers funding the EU more important than funding defence.

He should resign.
They do.

He does.

He wont.

Not as if we have an empire to defend any longer. As long as we have enough troops to retake Bradford. Heard on the news that empashis is to be on preventing wars. "Hello mr Taliban would you like a cuppa, can we talk about this" ?

Not as if we have an empire to defend any longer. As long as we have enough troops to retake Bradford. Heard on the news that empashis is to be on preventing wars. "Hello mr Taliban would you like a cuppa, can we talk about this" ?
Here is a hypothetical scenario. If the Isle of Man were to declare independence the joint services could cope , but if the Isle of Wight were to join in it would be a severe case of overstretch.

Cameron is the First British PM since WWI to leave the UK without any fixed wing Carrier aircraft. He has made the RN weaker than at any time in its previous history. He is little better than a traitor.

Remember Cameron's big speech about the military covenant....

An Island Nation with 5 billion pounds worth of seaborne car parks, because surely a carrier without aircraft is little more than that.

Thanks Dave, you lying Etonian T**T

Just announced on Sky News.... a soldier from 33 Engr Regt has been killed in Helmand.

RIP from us all lad.

No doubt Cameron will be thinking "1 down.... 6999 left to go"

Treasonous b*stard!

Oh dear. Don't tell me that when C***eron whinged about Gordon Brown not coughing up enough money to replace Snatch or buy helicopters you thought he would be any better? Naive plonkers. But maybe you aren't old enough to remember the devastation the last Con government wrought on the economy everywhere outside London and the southeast.

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
No doubt we will still be ringfencing 9 billion a year for foreign aid.

Has it not occurred to any of these so-called 'bright as buttons' Etonians that if they ringfenced just 6 billion for foreign aid this year, they would save the equivalent of 8% of the Defence Budget, and nobody would have to be sacked, or downsized through natural wastage etc... Or am I missing something here?

Cmon, this all sounds alot like the whinging when labour were in charge...

An aircraft carrier is a "would like" not a "must have" right now, same as the challys. We can stockpile for all the justincaseys but that costs alot of money.

Right now we are concentrating our funds on the right now, chopping the fat off our forces making it leaner and more efficient, we are still multi spectrum, we have the ability for conventional warfare and the likes of what's going on currently.

Defence is a non profit making organisation, and leaving us without all the best toys is a gamble... But I think it's not done without consideration.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
I really wonder about the decision regarding the carriers and specifically the shutting down of the Ark Royal. Could this be a 'come on' to the Argies so that Cameron can have his first PM's war?

No I don't think the argies are likely to raise their heads above the papaet while we retain Fast Jets on Stanley. If we do anything to reduce the Garrison that would create a diffrent scenario.

I really wonder about the decision regarding the carriers and specifically the shutting down of the Ark Royal. Could this be a 'come on' to the Argies so that Cameron can have his first PM's war?
Well at least that would mean there's something ****ing logical about it