Cameron Pledges to Support Armed Forces

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Tastytoggle, Apr 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just like Thatcher did when she got in?
  2. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

ARRSE didn't exist when Thatcher was in power....
  3. To be honest the Tories have not exactly been great to the Forces in the past, however, they have been much better than this Labour lot, and there are at least some members of the Tory front bench to have served a day in Uniform/with the Uniform services. Most of Labour spent their youth campaigning against the Armed Forces in the CND.
  4. To be honest, I think Labour's problem was that most of them were former left wing activists who had absolutely jack sh*t in common with the armed forces and thus, no empathy with them - which is particularly perverse since most Toms come from low income families who might have traditionally supported Labour.

If I remember right, we had a very tasty pay rise when Thatcher got in.
  5. Tastytoggle I agree, we got some major improvements when Thatcher was running the country.
  6. Apart from selling the Invincible to Australia.

Or she would have if those pesky Argies hadn't reared their greasy head.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Why not? Gordon did.
  8. It could be worse than that I heard a rumour but just a rumour so I won't state it as fact that Bob Ainsworth was an IRA symthesiser when he was at Uni.
    I'm not saying he has any malicious intent towards the armed forces but it would show how far detached Labour are from them.
  9. Not a single mention of the MOD CS in this - its a shame that there seems to be no recognition for the work that a lot of the MOD do in support of the armed forces.
  10. well thats his best first port of call in the publics eye and he is going on the win hearts and minds offensive first ah,cant do any worse than hippy tree hugging labours as they were lol
  11. well the old tree hugging hippys will never labour will never really support the british forces, just be seen to be doing something,if labour had there way they would just leave our lads out there and forget us
  12. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

It was 8%

And traditionally, at least one member of the cabinet was ex-military or ex-cival servant working with the military. Unlike Blair and Brown's cabinet.
  13. Tory HQ are ARRSE fanatics - their Defence researcher and new media team are all over the forum like a cheap suit! They are the only party out of three parties that have engaged with us and that was initiated by the Tories not by us.

When Cpunk and I visited ARRSE HQ we were treated like celebs, which was weird but very flattering. Considering we are just old bloaters - well Cpunk is, I am obviously Joanna Lumley :D