Cameron orders every state school to visit the trenches.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AIR FILTER, Oct 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

It means that when they shout rude things at visiting German students at least they'll have some inkling of why.
  2. It would be nice to think some of the money could be spent teaching some perspective, and put across the message that this war was a shining example of the ability ofthe British Army to adapt to technological change and expansion at an unparalelled rate, and turn into probably the worlds finest army by 1918. It would also be good to end the myths of lions led by donkeys and to put the reputation of the generals, particularly Haig et al on the pinnacle for which they deserve.
    I believe society owes the senior staff officers of the Army a massive debt, and an apology for the way that they have been unfairly maligned.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I can't help but thinking our glorious leaders put their brains in kennel for conference season.

Perhaps we should start a book on what piece of pointless one-upmanship that'll never see the light of practice will be trotted out next?

If it's been sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk then I'm probably pissed.
  4. Hyperbolic shite of a headline reporting on very little.

Two students from every school in England will visit the battlefields.
  5. It's a job creation scheme for our unwashed Gallic and Phlegmish chums, we fill their shabby run down and damp hotels with jailbait, in return they promise to eat cheesy chips and a Ginsters pie once a week.
  6. Would be cheaper to dig a couple of miles of trench and make the little darlings sit in it (without tv/faceache/maccyDs etc) for a couple of weeks.

Might give them a bit of perspective on the whole thing?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. We could just change a few roadsigns and send the bright eyed little darlings to Hartlepool, when the wind blows from Seal Sands they'll know all about sulphur mustard!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Our lot don't need to go we haven't got past 1690 yet
  9. I agree wholeheartedly, a very long, very sharp pinnacle. Up the jacksy!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I think better a visit to at least the national arboretum but better a war cemetery, bigger the better. And if there is anyway to make sure it doesn't turn into a circus, they should all visit a rehabilitation centre. I can't see how that last one would work though.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Come on... it is a ruse for everyone to have to buy a passport.
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

It's a big stick to beat Mr Salmond with in referendum year.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. So Jeremy Forrest's trip to France with an under 16 was a pilot?
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Except it was him examining a trench, not her
    • Like Like x 4