Cameron offering more powers to Scotland

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by in_the_cheapseats, Feb 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

BBC News - Scottish independence: David Cameron in referendum offer

I do find it amusing.

"I'm very prepared. I believe in devolution, and I don't just mean devolution in terms of power, I mean devolution in terms of giving people greater control over their own lives" says Mr C. Really?

So Mr C is...

Happy for devolution (take that with a pinch of salt)
    Happy to give more power to Scottish government

but not happy to allow Scottish people to make up their own mind on whether they want more power??

I suppose it is a way of trying to remove the argument over the second question from the ballet box and get the thrust of the future discussion on a pure independence question but it does seem to be a sop.

SNP to come back with "how much power to be devolved..." question shortly. Second question again surely........ :)

2. If he shuts up, the Scottish people will vote against in the referendum.

• Like Like x 2

3. If you were that clever,you would realise how ****ing stupid your comment was.

He's never said " he's not happy to allow Scottish people to make up their own mind on whether they want more power" but,he has said he's not happy about the SNP wanting to end the union,subtle difference,don't you think?

• Like Like x 1
  4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I think if you could read, you might make another comment.

Cameron has said that he will not support the inclusion of the alternatively named second or devo max question.

He has said he will look at giving more powers to Scotland but only if they vote No to a single question.

SNP want to offer the Scottish people a second question requiring more power; Cameron says, on my judgement and gift only.

How is that giving the Scots and opportunity to self determine what powers they want? The only reason he doesn't want the question set is he knows he will lose it.

Supporting devolution? ****ing stupid statement, eh?

5. Bugger me - two more years of this!

• Like Like x 5
  6. The bloke is an amateur compared to Salmand who is a seasoned politician. All he should have stuck to was vote Yes or No - end of. Instead the k##b then complicates matters by saying if you vote No I'll give you more sweeties, opening the gambit for Salmand to get more powers funded by UK which is what he wanted all along!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Dave, say nothing, nothing at all, let those people north of the wall decide for themselves, if it goes right then fair do,s, if it goes T.U then they,ve only Salmond and themselves to blame....or "Leave them alone,
    and the will come home,
    wagging their Sporrans behind them."
    with apols to Little Bo Peep.

8. Tis only the start!

If Salmond gets a vote for independence, then they will be winging for more money from the English.

If Salmond loses a vote for independence, then they will be winging that they was robbed, and can they have some more money from the English.

More devolution of powers will lead to winging for more money from the English.

9. Cheers easy!

• Like Like x 3
  10. For those who have little insight into Scots politics, dare I suggest that the best thing Cameron could do is keep quite. The more he talks the more he walks into Wee ecks palm. Remember the Scots have no love for the Conservatives so, the more they lecture us the more likely that people vote against them. Almost impossible for a politician to keep quite though..........

11. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Very hard for any British Prime Minister to get it right in the mire of Scottish politics.

12. He has said he will look at giving more powers to Scotland but only if they vote No to a single question.

Is Scotland one of our colonies?

13. Cameron offering more powers to Scotland.

To me, this has only confirmed that Cameron is absolutely desperate to prevent Scottish independence.

14. ...err, yeah. As he's stated publicly on national news.

15. Get rid of the porridge gobbling *****. We'll save a fortune on methadone.