Cameron Is A Buffoon!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by phil37, Aug 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Most economists understand the need to keep spending as this encourages growth. Cameron's plan of making cuts in all areas will deter investment, cause mass unemployment and ruin the fragile economy. I'd rather have quality of life now and live with a massive deficit than have to endure years of penny pinching under investment. Bearing in mind that any savings will be mismanaged anyway and given away in aid to the likes of Pakistan.

2. Bollox
    There isn't anymore money to spend, even Darling and Brown knew that before the election.
    When there is no more money in the pot you can't spend it.

3. Economists? People who can guess the result of something to seven decimal places? A profession whereby if you get four economists in a room and ask for their opinions you get five answers?

4. Caecilius

Caecilius LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Some of them believe it to be the case. Given that nobody has ever produced a watertight econimic theory its hard to say that hes wrong. Nobody has solved the problem of what happens to the markets when it transpires that countries can no longer service their sovreign debt (as very nearly happend in the Euro zone). Also, at what stage in this artificial growth do you make the even larger cuts that need to happen?

5. Were fucked either way, why bother complaining.

6. At least try and be original with a wind up. Spacktard!

7. One reason we have a lack of money to spend is Brown. He is the one who sold of a huge chunk of our gold reserves but announcing it before hand causing the price to crash.

And your quality of life now but with massive debt will lead to huge problems in the future as it is unsustainable. We have to repay it eventually, better now when it wont hurt much rather than later when it could break us.

8. You didn't quite get the ideas behind quantitative easing at all, did you?

9. Yes I do. I just don't believe it is wise.
    Printing money to piss away on shite we don't need (ID cards etc etc) is not the answer to the financial mess the UK is in. Cutting spending to a level that matches income is the only reasonable course of action and I am pleased to see it happening.
    Quantative easing is a euphamism for financial lunacy.

10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Blah blah shite and blah!

Next time I max out my credit card and the bailiffs are knocking, I'll just tell them that I'm in the process of spending my way out of the shit. I'm sure they'll understand.

I'd personally much rather that the economy is based more on reality than lies and spin for a change. Reality being - let's pay off sufficient loans so that we haven't got £35,000,000,000 to find per year simply to cover the interest, let alone the principle of the national debt. Once we've got that horse back in the stable, well, fuck my old boots, we've got £35,000,000,000 more to spend every year than we did before!!

11. You would appear to subscribe to a non-Keynesian economic model. You should appreciate that economics is not a clear cut thing, and like Cuddles said, ask four economists for an opinion, and you'll get five different answers.

And biped, I'm sure you understand that what works for macro-economics differs from that of individuals.

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Indeed I do. However, micro or macro, giving 35,000,000,000 of taxed funds to coporate and national lenders each year in debt interest is bad for tax payers. It's not as good as holding that £35,000,000,000 and then spending it directly on government service provision.

13. Just go bankrupt, we'd be out of administration in a year. We wouldn't be alone either:

Fergie goes tits up

14. Three things you obviously do not understand: a) The government is not the economy - in most cases they are mutually exclusive. And b) All money that the government takes out of the economy by way of taxes immediately stops being profitable in two ways 1: The taxed person cannot spend it and 2: It cannot be invested in the sense of delivering a return on investment.
    Third: The governments deficit is MASSIVELY expensive since it is in essence a loan. The government has to pay interest on that loan. A lot of interest. Since the government cannot use -here we go again- use its profits to pay off the loan it has to increase taxes to do so.

The quicker the government stops overspending and gets rid of the debts the more money the citizens will have left, because the government won't have to tax so much.

15. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Nope, that was Weimar Germany (it didn't work)......