• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Cameron defeated on EU budget..

1. Labour gobbing off about anything - they are responsible for the depth of shit we find ourselves in.

2. "Government supporters said it would be "nigh on impossible" to negotiate a budget reduction given the lack of support among other EU nations and urged MPs to back Mr Cameron's call for an inflation-linked rise as the minimum acceptable outcome."

So we cannot determine how much we pay the EU even though by democratic process we have decided to pay less? How the feck does that work? Are we or aren't we a sovereign state?

3. EU membership - time for a referendum, me thinks

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh dear, Mr Cameron is going to be really upset and will make a big frown on the news tonight. Mr Clegg will be in for a bitch slapping.

Meanwhile Mr Milliband is just stating that the Coalition are useless without actually saying anything that Labour would do any different.

This is a race to the bottom, and a race to the bottom faster than a male model dropping their kecks at a Frankie Goes to Hollywood nostalgia concert.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
the only way to reduce the EU budget is to stop paying into it. the way the EU can borrow money itself means it will just borrow or print what it needs and end up like greece.

Soveriengty was surrendered a long long time ago... we the EU just need the British Public to keep on taking the Meds and finally they will see we were right all along.

How many people have been killed in Western Europe as a result of war since 1945. Now go back before that time and do the maths

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Soveriengty was surrendered a long long time ago... we the EU just need the British Public to keep on taking the Meds and finally they will see we were right all along.

How many people have been killed in Western Europe as a result of war since 1945. Now go back before that time and do the maths

Komeriz, its all OK

You have planted enough trees along the roads leading from Prague to the west for the Germans to march in the shade and widened the roads to the east to allow the Russian tanks to get to Prague... again.... just paint the tanks pink when they get there.

We need to thank NATO for that, not the EU.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
This is a race to the bottom,
What my sister said ^ ^ ^.

This is CA and the sensible bit. So I shall shut up. Otherwise I might be given to swearing about the mother****ing limp Eton educated tosspots who seem to be in charge at the moment.

I swear to ****ing God, I am not a swearing man, but UKIP look like a decent bet right now. Only because the other ******* look like a bunch of self serving dribbling sheeps twats.

But since I feel swearing is course, I shall refrain from comment.

Now is that because (a) there were several million NATO and Warsaw Pact troops sitting in Germany waiting to annihilate the world in a cataclysmic 3rd World War which meant that for the first time in human history the French and Germans had better things to do than go to war against each other or (b) because I can buy a shit load of fags and booze in Dover without having to pay tax on them?

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
What my sister said ^ ^ ^.

This is CA and the sensible bit. So I shall shut up. Otherwise I might be given to swearing about the mother****ing limp Eton educated tosspots who seem to be in charge at the moment.

I swear to ****ing God, I am not a swearing man, but UKIP look like a decent bet right now. Only because the other ******* look like a bunch of self serving dribbling sheeps twats.

But since I feel swearing is course, I shall refrain from comment.
I'm not a sister. I have a cock. Or I am one.

Cameron needs to get his head out his arrse and his hand out of his Father in Laws pockets and just give us a straight 'in - out' referendum.

Once that's done, regardless of the results, we then crack on knowing the Nation and not some slimy politician (Edward Heath=****) has decided.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
"[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mark Reckless, one of the leaders of the Conservative rebellion..."[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Can I vote for Mark Reckless? Go on. Nut the **** Mark. Me and the boys are right behind you. Weren't you my fag at Eton? Nut the ****. What are you waiting for?

You couldn't make it up. Mark Reckless for fucks sakes.
[/FONT]

Cameron needs to get his head out his arrse and his hand out of his Father in Laws pockets and just give us a straight 'in - out' referendum.

Once that's done, regardless of the results, we then crack on knowing the Nation and not some slimy politician (Edward Heath=****) has decided.
I think Mr Heath would have preferred (to be called) ******** to ****!

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
option B. Oh hang on... wrong thread.

If UKIP can find an articulate and charismatic frontsman...
I am articulate but my election manifesto for any party willing to put me up will be the same - "When I am elected I will only go to the House of Commons/EU parliament for the free sticky buns and the odd punch up. Meanwhile I will live in Tuscany drinking fine wine, eating the best food available on the planet and enjoying fine art."

If you want an honest politician you got it right here.

If UKIP can find an articulate and charismatic frontsman...
...Who isn't barking mad and who actually adds depth to any of their policies (manifesto = pleasing at face value, especially to readers of the Daily Mail, but on closer examination leaves you realising that they're a sort of right wing version of the Lib Dems, who if they got into power, would probably have as their first inner thought 'Oh f***! What do we do now? Help!'

UKIP also have the problem that getting to this position won't happen without either (a) mass defections to them from Tory MPs or (b.) the most spectacular collapse in turnout ever seen at a general election. Why? Because of the way the electoral system works, which makes it nigh-on impossible for a party starting from their baseline position to get anything more than a handful of MPs, and even then, that requires a considerable degree of luck.

So 51 Tory MPs discovered a backbone...
Not quite. Nadine Dorres is in amongst that lot, and why she's not joined Labour is anyone's guess (probably something to do with the fact that she'd lose her seat at the next election, and why should anyone else get the expenses and Twitter publicity she's entitled to - entitled, I tell you, entitled! -because of that). She loathes Cameron because he wasn't wise enough to make her a minister (translated into real-world English, he realised that she makes a whale omlette look thinner than the 'waffer theen meent' out of the Mr Creosote sketch and couldn't be given a ministerial position unless he was either desperate or needed to make a statement, although WTF sort of statement it'd be is open to question).

A couple of them have been voting that way out since the early 90s, so haven't just discovered their backbone.

Of course, what none of them have thought about is the possibility that this adds to the impression that Cameron is hopeless, and that the electorate will respond by kicking them out and letting Milliband in. As I have observed elsewhere, I can personally vouch for the fact that no matter how bad Cameron might be, unless Milliband is now pretending not to have changed at all since his University days and has actually found some gravitas and competence, him being PM will make 'Dave' look like a cross between Gladstone, Disraeli and Churchill, and give strange, disconcerting yearnings for the return of Gordon Brown. I wouldn't trust him to run a bath. No, correction. I wouldn't trust him to appear in a f***ing analogy about him being not up to running a bath let alone a country.

If the silly f***ers like Reckless (I absolve the likes of Cash, Shepherd et al, since they're being nothing more than consistent) had stood up and said 'I shall be abstaining since this is being used as a pathetic sub-sixth form politics vehicle by the party oppposite who should be utterly ashamed of themselves and who aren't using me to score cheap points on an extremely serious issue', they might, in fact, have done themselves a lot of good.

Why? Because they gain points with the whips (and thus increase the chance of being listened to and, horror of horrors, possibly in a couple of cases - Sorry, Nadine. Not you - working their way into the ministerial ranks where they have greater influence and can shape government policy), and because of the fact that they make Milliband look the arrse that he is, reducing the chances of us getting him in power, thus reducing the chances of cravenly surrendering more of the rebate, introducing EU legislation that we don't want and reducing the likelihood of a referendum because Europe is the place that failed Labour politicians (Kinnock & family, Jenkins), unpopular Labour politicians (Mandleson) and Labour apparatchiks (Baroness Ashton) thrive and we can't have the public ending that nice gravy train, can we?

But because of the fact that Europe drains the blood from their brains faster than a misplaced bit of trepanning with a 15mm bit, they do this sort of thing and end up making it more likely that they'll be sitting there voting - pointlessly - against the next piece of craven Eurobollocks Prime Minister Milliband introduces, which binds us closer to Brussels and makes disengagement even more difficult.

The Tories are referred to as 'the stupid party' because so many of their backbenchers seem to be under the impression that it is their duty to demonstrate this on every possible occasion. The f***wits.

(And I say all of the above as someone who would cheerfully vote for a 'Fog in Channel, Continent Cut Off, raving mad little Englander approach in the referendum they're inadvertantly doing their best to deny us).

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
Wasn't Nadine the bint that Cameron told to "Calm down dear?"

If so I can't blame her for hating the ****. I mean, I think he's a **** but I've never met him, never mind been insulted by him.

Good move by Miliband if you ask me, a lot of labour MPs were shocked to find the electorate taking an interest in their voting activities since the people's pledge kicked off.... So next election you have 250 tories facing UKIP and labour activists shouting from the rooftops that they had voted for the proceeds from cuts to single mother's milk stamps to be sent to the EU fat cats.

I find Cameron's perceived lack of leadership truly galling.

I say perceived because I see no material downsides to a referendum vote outcome saying: Leave the EU, remain in the trading EEC.

Why would that be? Well I suspect it makes life a lot harder for Mr Salmond's credibility/Exit vote if Scotland were to be ejected from the EU as a result and seek to reapply. Whereas with the entire UK out of the EU prior to a Scottish exit from the Kingdom, Salmond's World of Wibble seems somewhat more achievable.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Wasn't Nadine the bint that Cameron told to "Calm down dear?"

If so I can't blame her for hating the ****. I mean, I think he's a **** but I've never met him, never mind been insulted by him.

Good move by Miliband if you ask me, a lot of labour MPs were shocked to find the electorate taking an interest in their voting activities since the people's pledge kicked off.... So next election you have 250 tories facing UKIP and labour activists shouting from the rooftops that they had voted for the proceeds from cuts to single mother's milk stamps to be sent to the EU fat cats.
No it was Milliband that Cameron said "Calm down dear" and reduced the Prime Ministerial insults (perfected by Churchill) to a catchphrase. Its another reason to despise Cameron.

Latest Threads