Cameron defeated on EU budget..

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Flight, Oct 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Flight

Flight LE Book Reviewer

So 51 Tory MPs discovered a backbone...

Cameron suffers stinging defeat over Europe - Telegraph

More to the point 255 of them didn't. In all 294 of our MPs think we should be giving more money to Europe than the savage cuts, to use Labour's words, have saved thus far.

Good to see the tide is starting to turn...

2. 1. Labour gobbing off about anything - they are responsible for the depth of shit we find ourselves in.

2. "Government supporters said it would be "nigh on impossible" to negotiate a budget reduction given the lack of support among other EU nations and urged MPs to back Mr Cameron's call for an inflation-linked rise as the minimum acceptable outcome."

So we cannot determine how much we pay the EU even though by democratic process we have decided to pay less? How the feck does that work? Are we or aren't we a sovereign state?

3. EU membership - time for a referendum, me thinks

• Like Like x 5
  3. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Oh dear, Mr Cameron is going to be really upset and will make a big frown on the news tonight. Mr Clegg will be in for a bitch slapping.

Meanwhile Mr Milliband is just stating that the Coalition are useless without actually saying anything that Labour would do any different.

This is a race to the bottom, and a race to the bottom faster than a male model dropping their kecks at a Frankie Goes to Hollywood nostalgia concert.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

the only way to reduce the EU budget is to stop paying into it. the way the EU can borrow money itself means it will just borrow or print what it needs and end up like greece.

5. Soveriengty was surrendered a long long time ago... we the EU just need the British Public to keep on taking the Meds and finally they will see we were right all along.

How many people have been killed in Western Europe as a result of war since 1945. Now go back before that time and do the maths

• Like Like x 1
  6. mercurydancer

Komeriz, its all OK

You have planted enough trees along the roads leading from Prague to the west for the Germans to march in the shade and widened the roads to the east to allow the Russian tanks to get to Prague... again.... just paint the tanks pink when they get there.

• Like Like x 2
  7. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Kate Hoey had some good things to say during the debate, well worth a read in Hansard tomorrow.

8. We need to thank NATO for that, not the EU.

• Like Like x 5
  9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

What my sister said ^ ^ ^.

This is CA and the sensible bit. So I shall shut up. Otherwise I might be given to swearing about the mother****ing limp Eton educated tosspots who seem to be in charge at the moment.

I swear to ****ing God, I am not a swearing man, but UKIP look like a decent bet right now. Only because the other ******* look like a bunch of self serving dribbling sheeps twats.

But since I feel swearing is course, I shall refrain from comment.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Now is that because (a) there were several million NATO and Warsaw Pact troops sitting in Germany waiting to annihilate the world in a cataclysmic 3rd World War which meant that for the first time in human history the French and Germans had better things to do than go to war against each other or (b) because I can buy a shit load of fags and booze in Dover without having to pay tax on them?

• Like Like x 1
  11. mercurydancer

I'm not a sister. I have a cock. Or I am one.

12. Cameron needs to get his head out his arrse and his hand out of his Father in Laws pockets and just give us a straight 'in - out' referendum.

Once that's done, regardless of the results, we then crack on knowing the Nation and not some slimy politician (Edward Heath=****) has decided.

• Like Like x 3
  13. option B. Oh hang on... wrong thread.

If UKIP can find an articulate and charismatic frontsman...

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

"[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Mark Reckless, one of the leaders of the Conservative rebellion..."[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Can I vote for Mark Reckless? Go on. Nut the **** Mark. Me and the boys are right behind you. Weren't you my fag at Eton? Nut the ****. What are you waiting for?

You couldn't make it up. Mark Reckless for fucks sakes.
    [/FONT]

15. I think Mr Heath would have preferred (to be called) ******** to ****!