Cameron crackdown on extremism

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by GPMGSF, May 26, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 4
  1. "Made up of senior ministers, police officers, security officials and moderate leaders, the new committee will study a range of options"

And then do feck all. Bet their exes are good though. We can't even get rid of the scum that fill the newspapers daily, because , as has been proven time and time again, their right to a family life, or to be free from torture or some other bollocks trumps our right to walk down the road without being blown up / assaulted/ stabbed / threatened (add rant)
    • Like Like x 22
  2. That will do it Dave. Well done problem solved. Now how about a cure for cancer next?
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Load of bollocks.

If I were to publically say..."I was shocked but I can fully understand why...etc etc" could I be charged with anything?
    People don't need to voice support - it's what is not said that is the key. I don't think our laws can deal with that.
  4. The problem is, whilst we remain in the Europe Union, any such force will be ineffective as all these extremist twats will do is go to the EU courts to quash anything and those courts will back them up as we have seen in the past.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. How many of these talking shops have been set up with the same aim over the past 20 years?

I guess decisiveness isn't high on the agenda this time.

Surely it can't be because they're worried they will make things worse. I mean; what can be worse than ANY of the atrocities committed by these scum over the years?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

What EU Courts?
  7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

more meaningless soundbites.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The ECJ rules on cases that deal with EU Law, that bound within the numerous EU treaties: European Court of Justice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It would not rule on any cases such as those you are presuming

The second link is regard to the ECHR, which the second link within (the Australian) misidentifies as an EU court. The ECHR has nothing soever to do with the EU: European Court of Human Rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Though ECHR does have the right rule on such cases.
  9. What would be the consequences of telling them to take their judgements & FOAD?
  10. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

realistically? not very much. doesnt seem to bother our gallic cousins very much, but they seem to take a much more robust view of johnny foreigners turning up at their doorstep and then proceeding to take the p1ss.
  11. All I know is that they are courts in the EU and they cause Britain a lot of problems and its about time we told them where to go.
  12. Why do we need a crackdown on extremism? I as much as everyone else was saddened and shocked that the poor drummer was brutally murdered, however this is hardly a regular occurrence is it. I havn't got the figures, but I'm sure more Soldiers die from illegal drug overdoses than they do from being killed on British soil.

This will be an expensive case of political gesturing. If they are going to crackdown on anything, it would be more pertinent to actually have proper security systems in place rather than stepping on the Police and mi5's toes, as they seem to be doing a very good job as it is.

I could walk only any camp tomorrow with an ID I'd made on a card printer for a couple of quid, I could with the name of anyone serving on the camp even get them to lift the barrier and drive my car with it filled with anything I want. Luckily this has never (to my knowledge) been exploited. However it would be a lot better to actually improve basic security, rather than paying some posh people to write a report about how some people don't like serving personal and might want to hurt them.
  13. Pretty much, and short of building a Gwanto type facility on some remote Scottish island and legislating it free from the meddling of the HRA and jurisdiction of the UK judiciery he will never solve it.

Unless he plans to repeal the HRA?

Now that could be a real vote winner there and a stroke of genius? May has already spoken about curbing the power of the ECHR.
    • Like Like x 1