Cameron: Aims to cut immigration by 75%

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by beemer007, Jan 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Should cut it by 175% and send some back where they came from,on a purely non-racist & non-denominational basis,of course :D
  2. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

So he's aiming to make the UK population -9 million or so, I really like to see that, how do you create a negative population?

ps I'm only being cheeky :D
  3. Anything would be a good start, as long as he follows up on his pre-election promises. I seriously doubt it will even be mentioned again if he wins though.
  4. 8.995 million Chavs and a few MPs
  5. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Tee hee Legs,

mind you having just noticed the quote, must be more precise in my use of the keyboard when teasing others about theirs :roll:
  6. GOOD!

Could that figure be 'added to' by deportations?
  7. Hopefully!

Note: See the quotation in my “signature box” below - from “Jaeger”, on ARRSE, dated Fri 23 Oct 2009.
  8. Easy just copy Oom Bob in Zimbabwe .
  9. The Cross Party Committee on Balanced Migration very recently published a declaration calling upon all parties to make manifesto pledges to prevent the UK population reaching 70 million by 2029. It's sort of difficult to grasp that, but if you think of it in terms of another 4 cities the size of Birmingham, all requiring water when the land to soak it up will be buried beneath concrete and tarmac, with all of the attendent extra flooding that could cause. Then, there's power requirements and pollution, waste management, ad infinitum. It starts to get get scary - and much of the aforesaid will be Nu Labours legacy of multicultural Britain whether future governments are able to balance migration or not. :x Tossers!
  10. I voted for the Tories in the European Elections when they were pretending to be "Ironclad" Eurosceptics, so frankly I'll believe it when I see it... which I'm pretty sure I won't.
  11. Closeing the stable door after the horse has bolted comes to mind. He still can't stop them coming in from any part of the EU.
  12. Is he going to use the same methods to cut emigration by 75% or is it just going to be the same British hypocrisy on people moving to other counties for a better life?
  13. There is, however, a not very subtle difference. Most Brits leaving these shores for a "better life" (real or imagined) are generally not a drain on the welcoming countries system, indeed, they generally bring in money on the purchasing of property etc and what they spend in the local economy.
    Not all those who come to UK are a drain, but there are many that are. I think I read just today that thousands of immigrants to UK sign on for benefits after just 6 weeks of being in the country. They also (not all) expect to be housed which the Brit expat will not. Most countries (even those in the EU) do not offer totally free medical services which the UK does. So hardly hypocrisy if you escape this septic isle and have the wherewithal to support yourself and your family, unlike many of those coming the other way.
  14. And just how he is going to do it exactly?!? And what does he mean by "immigration"?

Does he mean illegal immigration whether its for the purpose of claiming asylum or for purely economic reasons i.e to get a job in the shadow economy.

Or is he talking about cutting down the number of work permits and student visas that will be issued?

Or is he talking about cutting down the number of outstanding cases in the UK currently languishing in the Asylum system all with outstanding applications?

As usual its a politician (regardless of political affiliation) jumping on the immigration bandwagon as soon as an election is near.

Will I think he will do any of it?

No, and that's not because I doubt his sincerity but because there is no money to do anything. The immigration system in the UK is in a very sorry state. More and more bogus applications are being submitted every day, more illegal immigrants are crossing the border than ever before, more employers are employing illegal immigrants than before etc etc. But most worringly the operational officers tasked with combating these increases are having their funding slashed more and more, when an officer retires, resigns, is signed off ill or moves on promotion they are not being replaced and they are lacking the tools and the policy to do their job properly.

Cameron may as well be saying that he will turn back the tides of the sea and we all know how that ended for a previous ruler of the UK don't we.