Cameraman in Basic?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by David2008, Jan 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is one for those of you who have gone through basic recently, prefferably at Pirbright.

I remember 3 years ago we had a cameraman tagging along on some ex's and certain events like the CO's comp and drill comps etc. and then sold us all a DVD at the end of it for £20.

Do you know if they still do this? Im planning on putting together a DVD for the family with a slideshow when i passoff and it be great if i could rip the video footage from the DVD he sells if they still do it.

2. Ta mate :wink:
  3. 20 quid?!
  4. Yeah well i figured for that price you'de get a good 30 minutes of footage at least, how long are they usually?
  5. it used to go from week 1 to passing out parade, mine was on video tough so its going back a good few years.
  6. Yeah i'll be looking forward to seeing it. my mate was supposed to send me a copy of the DVD from my last intake, never did the bastard :( i said some right funny stuff to the camera and all on ex first night and test ex
  7. Ah, reminds me of "Pedophile Phill" at Bassingbourn
  8. LOL

Is this a new thing? Didnt do it when i done basic, sounds like a good idea tho.
  9. Not sure if its new or what but its a rip off come Pass Off day. There meant to film all of your basic training but the only thing on our dvd at the end was parents day, 1 pass off rehearsal and the actual pass off parade. The footage of Bayonet training and hours of fire pairs manovoure in full CBRN kit were mysteriously lost...
  10. I was at bassingbourn 3 years ago i wonder if its the same paedophile phil as im thinking lol?
  11. Surely there's only one bloke called peadophile phil ?:D
  12. Well i wasnt even sure wether his name was phil, or wether this was the name they gave all the cameramen lol
  13. I was there last year so it probably is the same bloke.