• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Camera Advice Needed

diplomat

MIA
Book Reviewer
In the market for a reasonably serious camera with GPS capability inbuilt. Also needs to work on normal batteries as recharging may not be possible where I will be working.

Needs decent optics with at least 12x zoom.

Smaller , lighter and simpler to use the better.

Anyone out there who really knows about cameras ? From the users side not the lens side!!

I have recently purchased a Nikon P510 which meets all your criteria with exception of the normal batteries, That said you can buy spare batteries for next to nothing (Similar price of a packet of Duracel Batteries) You could use a Power Monkey or similar to charge it? or an Incar charger if you have vehicles?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
C'mon, I know that cameras are sometimes called "SLR"s, but asking this question in the weapons section is pushing it a bit far ;-)

Nikon Coolpix S9300. I have one, reasonably priced, 18x zoom, 1080 HD movie, GPS. Simple to usebut rechargeable battery. Like JerryCan says, buy a spare battery and buy a power monkey or similar (I have a Free Loader). Cameras using regular batteries are getting harder to find because they eat the things!

Latest Threads