Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Chris_2oo6, May 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does anyone in the know, know if they have any of these out there in theatre in the stores (basrah airport) as my unit have run out... and if needs be i'll buy 1 before i go if i have to..

2. Don't let your unit off the hook - make them get the kit. It is in the system and if you're scaled for it, you should have it. There is nothing that grips me more than bad unit supply before deployment.
  3. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

I remember someone saying something like that in Jan 2003. "....Don't be issued it in theatre....". Desert CS95, body armour, desert boots, solar showers, ammunition......... Still it tunred out alright in the end...:D
  4. chimera - what exactly was your point there?
    I said 'don't let them off the hook' and get it before you deploy. You're intimating that any deficiencies will be issued in theatre (as the standard excuse). My point is not to stand for that excuse and urging Chris to resolve this before he deploys.
    Confused of the Joint Supply Chain.
  5. There is absolutely no shortage of camelbaks. If the desert ones run out (few and far between) you will be issued with the temperate DPM. If you do not have one before deployment someone is failing to do their job. If you let me know by e-mail the circumstances I will tell you exactly who will issue yours
  6. i dont fly out until wed so i'll go back to the stores on tues

be a bit pissed off if i dont get 1 as i havent even got a water bottle lol...
  7. I've been issued temperate camelbak and assault vest by my stores, I take it I should have had desert? I asked them and they said the temperate one would do, any ideas?
  8. i got the desert assault vest

however ive heard they dont really use them because with osprey its too bulky...
  9. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

No my point is to support you. If you dont get it before deployment, you will never get it.
  10. Same old same, some shiny arse not pulling their (fat arse) weight and sorting kit out for the troops.
    The Sun newspaper will carry such stories of troops being shafted with glee mate.