Camelbak Question

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by booty_cadet, May 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can you fill a camelbak, say, about half full, so that it will freeze with the water in it? Obviously not completely full as it would make the bag explode, but half full in the freezer to try and make a drink stay cool for longer through the day?

By the way this is obviously for something absolutely not linked with cadets or the military in any way.
  2. I freeze half a litre of vodka in mine
  3. msr

msr LE

Yes, you can, but you may be better off throwing a load of ice-cubes into it.

4. Wondering whether the several ice-cubes would last for about 5-6 hours though.
  5. Thats the problem with camelpaks. The contents are as hot as the ambient temperature pretty quickly. I think they're sheiser.
  6. I would say no to be fair
  7. doesn't get hot too quickly actually. It's one of those thermalbak ones, got it for free from a guy who bought a civvi one for Iraq, then got issued one ha! It's just it has to spend 5 hours sat in my games bag at school before I go cycling with school in games, so I think it would melt quicker with ice cubes, surface area to volume ratio is proportional to heat loss blah blah etc blah
  8. Here's an idea, why not try it and see? :D

The thermal bag is designed to keep liquid liquid in cold environments, so why not ice ice in a warm one? I don't think that you'll need to blow down the drinking tube though.