Camel Spider seen in Essex!!!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Invicta, Aug 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, probably:

A soldier's wife and children have seen what they think is a Camel Spider in their home in Colchester. The wife thinks that it may have travelled to the UK from Afghanistan in her husbands kit after coming home from a tour. They have moved out until the thing is caught. Having encountered these vile creatures in Iraq, I don't blame them.

See link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/7585391.stm

2. Fighting the insurgents on the home front then? Like it!

3. Essex is so full of ugly creatures its presence will probably slip by un-noticed.

I see that hubby's name is Rodney. Three guesses for what his wife is calling him now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oh, please, NO!!!!

5. How the fcuck did the spider use the internet? Thats pretty scary stuff!

6. "He is now back there on a further tour of duty.

She said the spider was seen in her bedroom by her two elder children, aged 18 and 16, and an electrician working at their home."

Oh I, bet he was doing more than checking her meter :wink:

7. Camel spider - no, just four pissed up local slappers lying in a heap on the floor...

:roll:

Rodney2q

8. I don't think much of the security checks coming out of threatre, the RMP took everything of contraband of me in 2003, including money/maps/fedyeen helmet, magazine full of AK47 Ammo/bayonets, Saddams golden toilet seat....and now they can't find a spider!!
    Whats the world coming to eh?

9. I don't see what the big deal is, camel spiders aren't poisnous

10. Neither are Essex women but you wouldn't want one sharing your home, would you?

11. I find a shovel works equally well on either

12. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Thinking of re-badging mate? :wink:

13. Well now you mention it...

14. That's the first thing I thought too! :D

15. If I brought back one of them ugly feckers by mistake (camel spiders, not essex birds) from tour then went again I' d give strong consideration to staying out there, I reckon the wife would have me hung, drawn and quartered if I ever returned, she bricks it with house spiders the size of pin heads!