Camel Spider seen in Essex!!!

Well, probably:

A soldier's wife and children have seen what they think is a Camel Spider in their home in Colchester. The wife thinks that it may have travelled to the UK from Afghanistan in her husbands kit after coming home from a tour. They have moved out until the thing is caught. Having encountered these vile creatures in Iraq, I don't blame them.

See link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/7585391.stm

Invicta said:
Well, probably:

A soldier's wife and children have seen what they think is a Camel Spider in their home in Colchester. The wife thinks that it may have travelled to the UK from Afghanistan in her husbands kit after coming home from a tour. They have moved out until the thing is caught. Having encountered these vile creatures in Iraq, I don't blame them.

Fighting the insurgents on the home front then? Like it!

How the fcuck did the spider use the internet? Thats pretty scary stuff!

"He is now back there on a further tour of duty.

She said the spider was seen in her bedroom by her two elder children, aged 18 and 16, and an electrician working at their home."

Oh I, bet he was doing more than checking her meter :wink:

Markintime said:
Invicta said:
Well, probably:

Fighting the insurgents on the home front then? Like it!
Camel spider - no, just four pissed up local slappers lying in a heap on the floor...

:roll:

Rodney2q

I don't think much of the security checks coming out of threatre, the RMP took everything of contraband of me in 2003, including money/maps/fedyeen helmet, magazine full of AK47 Ammo/bayonets, Saddams golden toilet seat....and now they can't find a spider!!
Whats the world coming to eh?

If I brought back one of them ugly feckers by mistake (camel spiders, not essex birds) from tour then went again I' d give strong consideration to staying out there, I reckon the wife would have me hung, drawn and quartered if I ever returned, she bricks it with house spiders the size of pin heads!

apparently its bitten the pet dog to death...

deadly spider thing

A soldier's family have been scared out of their own home by a dangerous spider who bit their pet dog to death.

The Griffiths are fighting the war at home against the giant arachnid, who was unwittingly transported back from Afghanistan in paratrooper Rodney's luggage.

They have already lost their beloved eight-year-old dog, Bella, to the camel spider.

The family pet had to be put down after being bitten by the venomous attacker.

theoriginalphantom said:
apparently its bitten the pet dog to death...

deadly spider thing

A soldier's family have been scared out of their own home by a dangerous spider who bit their pet dog to death.

The Griffiths are fighting the war at home against the giant arachnid, who was unwittingly transported back from Afghanistan in paratrooper Rodney's luggage.

They have already lost their beloved eight-year-old dog, Bella, to the camel spider.

The family pet had to be put down after being bitten by the venomous attacker.
Remember folks, where there's blame, there's a claim. Stanby MOD being sued for not preventing the spider from entering the UK...

What do you mean?

It probably has a house, a car and a regular giro by now.

Arrgh! When will people learn these are members of the arachnid order Solifugae. They are actually cohabiting with a Giant Egyptian Solpugid, not a "spider" in the normal sense.

There, that will make them feel much better.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T The Intelligence Cell 68
Top_Crab The Intelligence Cell 16
Rarden_reaper RAC 27