Cambridge University students vote against promoting Remembrance Sunday

i do so hope that in years to come when she has her degree and is looking for a job her future employees look at her past history and treat her with the contempt she is showing those who fought and died for our (and her) freedom

The person to trust is me.
Do people get blackmailed all the time?
I missed out if that was true.
You missed out on upholding the law as well.

i do so hope that in years to come when she has her degree and is looking for a job her future employees look at her past history and treat her with the contempt she is showing those who fought and died for our (and her) freedom
I dunno tbh, its all been a bit daily mail reporting hasn't it. Nothing is going to change down old Cambridge way for happenings on the 11th. Those that count will be there, those that don't, won't.
A few years down the line these, by then, hopefully working & earning members of society will be a bit more grown up & some will have lost their mongish attitudes to things. Who knows, she may end up with a serving or ex-bill oddie & that will give her some food for thought as to her previous opinions.

I know of someone who was very much in the dark about all things WW2 having not paid much attention at school & through her job ended up going on a tour of Auschwitz-Birkenau. She was very moved & came back a much more aware being - to the point she's been reading historical references on the final solution etc. This is a lass who was obsessed with fashion, eyebrows, makup, hair styles & all that celeb shit. She didn't care a fig for anything other than her own bubble, now she's grown up a bit.

PS. No she wasn't in the SS!!

Is that the same as, 'I was just carrying out orders'.
I've got two excellent Gunner RSM's on my side plus numerous other seniors and officers, you're just a low rate collection of pixels.
It nothing like that at all is it? If it was, you could have resigned in protest. instead you decided to chin of the law because you thought it wasnt right.

I'm not too arsed if people do a line of charlie on a Friday night, so I wont bother doing my job by reporting it, because...Meh...I'll decide what laws to obey or not.

Only in your tiny mind.

You made a claim - back it up.
back it up how? That no one gives a **** all year and then suddenly at the end of October everyone goes into mong mode with fake outrage over Remembrance?

So you made a false claim.

Otherwise known lying.
That right Oddbod I completely made up all the fake outrage stories that we see every year around late October.
You fat chod.

It nothing like that at all is it? If it was, you could have resigned in protest. instead you decided to chin of the law because you thought it wasnt right.

I'm not too arsed if people do a line of charlie on a Friday night, so I wont bother doing my job by reporting it, because...Meh...I'll decide what laws to obey or not.
Point 1. Why should I resign. It wouldn't help anybody.
Point 2. That explains a lot. If I found out any of my people were doing proscribed drugs I would get rid of them.

Point 1. Why should I resign. It wouldn't help anybody.
Point 2. That explains a lot. If I found out any of my people were doing proscribed drugs I would get rid of them.
Point one, You were the one trying to allude that it was almost like the Nazis excuse, surely you wouldnt want to serve in such an organisation. (unless of course you were talking bollocks).
Point two, Alcohol is so much worse that coke (or some other **** excuse), surely that means people who believe that, should exercise their judgement and ignore druggies, because, hey, if you dont like the law, just ignore it.

Point one, You were the one trying to allude that it was almost like the Nazis excuse, surely you wouldnt want to serve in such an organisation. (unless of course you were talking bollocks).
Point two, Alcohol is so much worse that coke (or some other **** excuse), surely that means people who believe that, should exercise their judgement and ignore druggies, because, hey, if you dont like the law, just ignore it.
You really are fun in a strange way.
I was comparing the idea of obeying an unimportant order merely because it was an order.
I've worked with drunks in the army, occasionally I was one.
I worked with alkies, not reliable.
I've worked with druggies in civvy street. I wouldn't want any of them near a firearm ever until they cleaned up and became wholly different people.

You really are fun in a strange way.
I was comparing the idea of obeying an unimportant order merely because it was an order.
I've worked with drunks in the army, occasionally I was one.
I worked with alkies, not reliable.
I've worked with druggies in civvy street. I wouldn't want any of them near a firearm ever until they cleaned up and became wholly different people.
Unimportant? It was quite important, people lost their careers over it.

That's your opinion on drugs, some people think they should be legalised, so naturally they should ignore any military rules saying they are illegal, because we get to pick and choose what we want to obey.

Unimportant? It was quite important, people lost their careers over it.

That's your opinion on drugs, some people think they should be legalised, so naturally they should ignore any military rules saying they are illegal, because we get to pick and choose what we want to obey.
Read up on Horace Smith Dorian, his disobeying a direct order almost cost him his career.
Or , 'I see no signal'.
Or Sir John Moor in the Peninsular where he disobeyed Wellington's direct order and was congratulated by the great man for getting it right.
I have no problem with legalising drugs, but not for any disciplined force where the members rely on each other for their lives.
BTW I had the Chief of Colchester Police demanding I be Court Martialled in 1983 for disobeying him.
The Colonel politely refused.
Choosing which order to obey is fine, so long as you know what you are doing and get it right.
It also makes for a most satisfying life.

As it's still the 90s where you are - if I send you the money can you get me a Honda PC800?
Do you want a zimmer frame and incontinence pants with that, Grand dad.