Cambridge University students vote against promoting Remembrance Sunday

Therefore you base your opinion on preconceptions, rather than objective consideration of the subject matter.
Whatever keeps you happily outraged at whatever you perceive as outrage...
Funny enough the two national papers to report this are the express and mail. Well know for getting their readers into a frothing frenzy.
I based my perception on few people giving a shit about the armed forces throughout the year then suddenly remembering to care around the 11th of November.

I can’t be the only one that celebrates their freedom of speech, gifted to them in blood by some poor working class blokes. Many of whom had no choice.

I've also served alongside Muslamic servicemen too (no rayguns spotted) your point would be you're finally 'coming out' and all that rabid right-wing hate you spew was just a cover?
There's Maple usual post including some form of of a a reference to homosexuality and an accusation of being right wing.
The utter belter.

TBH I rarely see many teenagers at Remembrance parades anyway.

I fully expect gobby know-it-all student types with their "individual-but-same-as-everyone-elses" dreadlocks, eyebrow piercings and friendship bracelets to be huddled together somewhere in their wax jackets, rolling their spitty little fags, worshipping far-left values and whingeing about the cost of electricity and pot noodles.

O....
As it's still the 90s where you are - if I send you the money can you get me a Honda PC800?

A sad reflection on the media's distortion of facts to sell their 'news':

For those of you who have been following, CUSU, Cambridge students, and specifically targeted individuals have been at the centre of a sensationalised and distorted media storm focusing on a Remembrance Day motion presented at the last CUSU Council.

We want to provide clarification that we have not “banned” Remembrance Day or the wearing of poppies. Last week, approximately 50 student representatives met at CUSU Council - a body tasked to represent the views of over 20,000 Cambridge students. Our backgrounds, political persuasions, and experiences are diverse, but we all understand that our role is to represent the collective views of Cambridge students.

On the agenda was a motion put forward by two non-voting students, to ask Council to promote Remembrance Day actively across the whole student body, as a way of remembering British war veterans. An amended motion was also proposed which deleted various phrases of the original motion, as per standard practice, in order to include all those affected by war. In deciding which of the two motions to take forward for a final vote, the amended motion was selected. However, and contrary to many reports in the media, the amended motion was then defeated by a huge margin with only three votes in favour...
Food for solemn thought:

Funny enough the two national papers to report this are the express and mail. Well know for getting their readers into a frothing frenzy.
I based my perception on few people giving a shit about the armed forces throughout the year then suddenly remembering to care around the 11th of November.
So the actuality of the matter has no bearing.

Do you use preconceptions & what a couple of awful rags report to form your opinion on everything else?

Do you use preconceptions & what a couple of awful rags report to form your opinion on everything else?
Isn't that how it works :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Much less energy spent than applying coherent analysis

We've been through this before.
Neither I or anybody else had a problem with them so we left things as they were.
The law was an ass and we treated it as such.
Oh that's right, i remember now, you allowed people to break regulations and be open to blackmail.

Do people give a **** about the armed forces throughout the year then?

Oh that's right, i remember now, you allowed people to break regulations and be open to blackmail.
I allowed people to break regulations. I trusted them not to be blackmailed.
It's called leadership, not hiding behind rules and regulations.
You could always look up Horace Smith Dorian, though he was a bit more senior to me.

I allowed people to break regulations. I trusted them not to be blackmailed.
It's called leadership, not hiding behind rules and regulations.
You could always look up Horace Smith Dorian, though he was a bit more senior to me.
Leadership is choosing what rules should apply to people?
Who the **** are you to trust people to not get blackmailed? People get black mailed all the time.