Cambridge Military Hospital

BP20
I think they also done Halton. (corrected 19 July) not Haslar
Its on the site someplace but I can not find it now.

Phredd

See my correction above) lol

I remember many happy times at CMH. However one of them was not the spiders accom. Horrible and if I never see them again it will be too soon.

fastmedic

Ventress said:
Saddened by the neglect. They should level it to save us the pain of watching it rot.

As am I Ventress, that place and you lot saved my life there. I would prefer to see it recommissioned than knocked down though. Sadly I doubt that will happen!

Colchester Military Hospital......knocked down and now houses and flats,
the only building remaining is the old medical stores!

Dont know about Munster....but have been informed Rinteln now used to accommodate assylum seekers!!!! and such like...

Outstanding said:
What about places like BMH Munster / Rinteln are they still Hospitals?
Rinteln sat empty for a good few years - now in use as a hostel / medical centre / bus park / fire station.

I had a drive through it last year - what used to be the creche out the back - is now a stable for three bemused looking horses.

Nothing has been knocked down - The NAAFI shop / Hall / JRC just stands empty.

What was the Officers Mess is now a creche - NO CHANGE THERE THEN!

I was involved in the closure of the Cambridge - it pisses me off to see it in such a state. Is it just me, or does anyone else get a feeling that the whole of the AMS (or DMS for the more PC minded) has gone the same way as this once magnificent building?

Phillip-Kotler said:
I was involved in the closure of the Cambridge - it pisses me off to see it in such a state. Is it just me, or does anyone else get a feeling that the whole of the AMS (or DMS for the more PC minded) has gone the same way as this once magnificent building?
if the DMS was a building, it would have collapsed years ago........

dui-lai said:
Phillip-Kotler said:
There's a question, if the DMS was a building? Maybe a public toilet - underfunded, rundown and full of shite?

ronin said:
dui-lai said:
Phillip-Kotler said:
There's a question, if the DMS was a building? Maybe a public toilet - underfunded, rundown and full of shite?
And I bet you had to have the place clean and sorted before they would sign for it? What a waste of an asset!!

My only claim to fame is I & a still serving QA Capt (Ex WO1) were officially the last serving personnel to leave the CMH, some 1 yr after the main building closed & everyone had moved to FPH. We worked out of the old Ord Sgts Building near the cook house, until FPH finally remembered us & built us new premises.

It truly was a sad day when that place closed, only because all the QA's left Aldershot which meant less women in town!

Its hard to believe though they are building that new Health Centre just down the road from it. Surely the money would have been better spent doing the CMH up.