Cambridge Military Hospital

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Bedpan2zero, Jul 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BP20
    I think they also done Halton. (corrected 19 July) not Haslar
    Its on the site someplace but I can not find it now.

Phredd

2. See my correction above) lol

3. Sad to see the old place decaying away. It would cost millions to put it right!

4. I remember many happy times at CMH. However one of them was not the spiders accom. Horrible and if I never see them again it will be too soon.

fastmedic

5. I dunno, Spiders were a laugh! But thats cause it was F Spiders :)

6. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Very sad to see PM RAF (H) Halton in such a sad state. Many happy memories of working on the wards there as part of training.

7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Saddened by the neglect. They should level it to save us the pain of watching it rot.

8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

As am I Ventress, that place and you lot saved my life there. I would prefer to see it recommissioned than knocked down though. Sadly I doubt that will happen!

9. Colchester Military Hospital......knocked down and now houses and flats,
    the only building remaining is the old medical stores!

10. What about places like BMH Munster / Rinteln are they still Hospitals?

11. Dont know about Munster....but have been informed Rinteln now used to accommodate assylum seekers!!!! and such like...

12. Rinteln sat empty for a good few years - now in use as a hostel / medical centre / bus park / fire station.

I had a drive through it last year - what used to be the creche out the back - is now a stable for three bemused looking horses.

Nothing has been knocked down - The NAAFI shop / Hall / JRC just stands empty.

What was the Officers Mess is now a creche - NO CHANGE THERE THEN!

13. I was involved in the closure of the Cambridge - it pisses me off to see it in such a state. Is it just me, or does anyone else get a feeling that the whole of the AMS (or DMS for the more PC minded) has gone the same way as this once magnificent building?