Cambridge Arrse Meet

Interested in a Cambridgeshire Arrse Meet?

• Yes please, I like meeting strange people

• No thanks I'd rather stay safe at home with my keyboard

Results are only viewable after voting.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
There is a very good pub in Girton ( a rather classy little village just outside town and conveniently just off the blasted, horrible and time consuming A14) called 'The Old Crown. It's a thatched pub, and does rather nice meals and is rarely very busy, since most people in Girton are actually dead.
I used to use a pub in Coton years ago but it may not be there now.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Still there, if it is the Plough that you mean.
That was it. Scruffy seeming place but good beer and scoff.

Used to be worth visiting.

I also seem to remember they had a cat which seemed to take a liking to everybody - until we found that the moment it was able to settle on your lap it started dribbling.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
That was it. Scruffy seeming place but good beer and scoff.

Used to be worth visiting.

I also seem to remember they had a cat which seemed to take a liking to everybody - until we found that the moment it was able to settle on your lap it started dribbling.
Been tarted up a lot now, a bit of a gastro pub. Their chat a la fennel is quite famous locally. Very moist.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Been tarted up a lot now, a bit of a gastro pub. Their chat a la fennel is quite famous locally. Very moist.
Hmmm. I see what you mean having just had a look at their website. Shame in a way.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Hmmm. I see what you mean having just had a look at their website. Shame in a way.
It's happening a lot around here, a local village pub in Histon has just been bought and re-opened. The owner or partner of owners is Marco Pierre White, and we have just had a branch of The Ivy open in city. Add to that Midsummer House and there are many emulaters abouit.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
It's happening a lot around here, a local village pub in Histon has just been bought and re-opened. The owner or partner of owners is Marco Pierre White, and we have just had a branch of The Ivy open in city. Add to that Midsummer House and there are many emulaters abouit.
How about the White Horse in Barton? They always used to do B & B there. In fact, someone I know was actually born in the pub.

Other pubs I know are either a lot further south, Heydon, chrishall, Elmdon all being great village pubs but otherwise, the places I knew were much further north.

How about the White Horse in Barton? They always used to do B & B there. In fact, someone I know was actually born in the pub.

Other pubs I know are either a lot further south, Heydon, chrishall, Elmdon all being great village pubs but otherwise, the places I knew were much further north.
Should I invite you to the chatroom Mr. Ancient? It would be nice if you could join us.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes please, madam. It sounds quite interesting.
You should have received your invitation. And I have reposted the bits with the suggested dates and venues for those who couldn't find them.

It's a bit clunky, but if you type in the bottoms line and use the 'load more messages' function,, you should be fine.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
You should have received your invitation. And I have reposted the bits with the suggested dates and venues for those who couldn't find them.

It's a bit clunky, but if you type in the bottoms line and use the 'load more messages' function,, you should be fine.
Gottit, thanks.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Good pub that one, and not a bad little village. Even if it has a speed camera.

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
I wouldnt mind having a few beers.
Cambridge brings back a few memorys from Depot Queens Division and oakington.
My mate said he had the best blow ever in cambridge, fortunately the public toilet was demolished and built upon