Cambrian Patrol

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by extrader, Nov 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well done to all teams who compeleted the competition, especially to all those who did Cambrian for the first time, and well done to my ald alumni Cambridge OTC who got a gold.
  2. Thats awesome news well done to all.. With any luck they should all be at the LBV dinner this year, and you can buy them all a shandy..
  3. Well done Cambridge! Good Effort.

How did all of the other OTCs who entered do?
  4. Brilliant - well done. Need to find out who was on the team so can send them my congrats.
  5. Um as far as I know:
    Cambridge Gold
    Oxford DNF
    Bristol Silver
    Exeter Bronze
    Birmingham Medal
    Liverpool Medal
    EMU Medal

Anyone know any more and the last three colour of medal?
  6. Sheffield Silver
  7. Wales got a bronze too
  8. Well done Cambridge! Bloody proud and jealous of you all.
  9. Manchester and Salford OTC got silver - well done guys!
  10. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Birmingham got Silver.

And yeah, Oxford jacked for the first time ever. Poor sods.
  11. One of the guys at my OTC (oxford) competed in this and he said he only came 1 hour 45 mins behind the deadline??
  12. Good to see he's been busy since Rod Hull died.
  13. Tayforth got a Bronze
  14. Unfortunately 1 hr 45 after the deadline may as well be a year!

I know most of the blokes on Oxford's CP team. Shame that they didn't finish but there are just somethings you can't train for.
  15. Glasgow got a Silver, and it was an absolute mantest. We were A30B, and were so on the blue route which managed to kill off many including 4 Para who were at one point less than 500m behind us within the first couple hours, so we were understandably worried at the beginning.

Congratulations to all the teams that took part, those that finished and those that didn't. I know that I was well past my chinstrap when we finished and we seen plenty of teams bivvied at the roadside well into the patrol. We seen one team literally miss a vital transport pickup by no more than a quarter of an hour, and we didn't even know it was going to be there. It wasn't nice seeing guys in the kind of state you can get into down there.

Congratulations to all that took part, hardest thing ever, done it once, never again.