Cambrian Patrol cancelled 08/09!

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by out_in_the_open, Jul 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just got a document in the In-tray:

"The Cambrian Ptl comp is cancelled for FY 08/09. Its is CRF's aspiration to reinstate it in FY 09/10."

ok, i've never had a crack at this but come on! I thought this was a great tool for getting blokes out and doing classic green skills especially from units which don't get to do these normally.

What goes next?
  2. Edinburgh Military Tattoo!
    What a shite decision, a reflection on tempo of ops?
  3. In the words of rancis Urquhart, "You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment." What a crock. Cambrian Patrol was one of those things young blokes aspired to be picked for, it was seen as a badge of honour.

Mind you, with the amount of operational experience even the youngest nig has these days, I doubt they'll feel the same as I did about needing to prove themselves.
  4. I know that it always soaked up a lot of resources, but it is the best infantry competition by a long chalk. But I suppose that if we can't resource it, we don't do it!

I had an interesting conversation with a friend yesterday who told me this wasn't the only bad news in the offing; we ain't seen nothing yet... reportedly!

5. Is this cancellation definitely confirmed?

If so, like so may other things this will be the thin edge of the wedge. IIRC, acrording to the LAND website, all of the LION SUN exercises next year have already been taken as a saving measure.

It looks as though we could be in for some thin times ahead.
  6. Wow I really need to keep with the military know-what/how.

"Wilco, walking up to the FRV with our BFA's ready to stop the AD from causing a casevac"

I'm sure there's always next year hey lads ;)

What is this patrol lol.. an excercise or a walk? :(
  7. I had an interesting conversation with a friend yesterday who told me this wasn't the only bad news in the offing; we ain't seen nothing yet... reportedly!

So come on then Litotes...what else is going to happen?
  8. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Yeah, I've known about this for a while now. Pretty shit, but the training and competition this year will be better i feel due to the extra prestigue and stress!
  9. So it seems that we have cuts, cuts and more cuts. Cambrian Patrol, MTDs, Lion Sun (according to other posts) and probably more that I don't know about.
    Last year we had "take an extra weeks xmas leave to save on the fuel & light bill"
    So can we anticipate that it will be the same this year? Or will it be that, unless on Ops, all personnel will be invited to submit a "Work Pass" and that we will take 30 days work as opposed to the old leave scheme of 30 days leave!
  10. Can I just check that Cambrian IS still on this year?

Was told that it is cancelled this year and have heard lots of rumours and cannot find any coherent info on the Cambrian website.
  11. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

As far as i know it's still on for this year. Bloody training for it anyways...!
  12. Thought as much. Am training for it myself and wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time!

Still recovering from a knee injury sustained from rugby so not sure how it'll cope, but my TM is keen that I lead the team!
  13. They are cutting back training aids and competitions at a dangerous pace, I've heard even the Bisley Army 100 is not safe, WTF!
    I agree we are now a very experienced operational Army but if we continue to cut the throat of training the Army will lose even more good men during Ops.