Cambrai Day

Discussion in 'RAC' started by TVEDU_RED, Nov 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For those of you who matter, Happy Cambrai Day on this the 89th anniversary.

We're just heading off for our Drumhead service (minus drums but with a piper) out here in Iraq.

FEAR NAUGHT

2. Happy Cambrai Day to you also, and all serving and ex tankies.
    Gunfire suitably administered first thing this morning.

For gods sake keep your heads down out there !!

FEAR NAUGHT

3. Happy Cambrai to one and all,

Did Gunfire for the people I work with in Kuwait this morning. Re-educated attached Navy, RAF and other Services on the real way to start the day.

Who said Kuwait was dry?

Cowhead tell your SSM to give me a call when he gets his weekend trip down South.

4. Best wishes to all on this 89th anniversary of the battle of Cambrai.

I'm afraid that us civvies have had to do without gunfire. Stay safe Cowhead and all of 'H'

Fear Naught

5. Enjoy and respect! Don't drink too much lads ands from an ex 3rd, stay safe and behave! :wink:

Attached Files:

7. To you and our lads out in Iraq, have a safe Cambrai...

8. All the best lads.

9. Keep safe one and all.

I had to have brandy in my tea, no rum in the house.

Happy Cambrai Day.

10. i had the honour of seeing Deborah in the spring this year,long may MR P.G keep her safe, all the best lads

11. Can't not say Happy Cambrai with a log on like mine now can i???? Shame the AAC don't have a clue what it means and there just aint enough of us to educae them. Stay safe in the sandpit fellas!

12. Happy Cambrai Day to all RTR and Ex RTR.

Hurrah for the RTR!

13. Happy Cambrai Day to all MIB: past, present & future.

14. SPECIAL ORDER, NO. 6. to the Tank Corps from Brigadier HUGH ELLES Commanding - November 19, 1917

1. To-morrow the Tank Corps will have the chance for which it has been waiting for many months, to operate on good going in the van of the battle.

2. All that hard work and ingenuity can achieve has been done in the way of preparation.

3. It remains for unit commanders and for tank crews to complete the work by judgment and pluck in the battle itself.

4. In the light of past experience I leave the good name of the corps with great confidence in your hands.

5. I propose leading the attack of the Centre Division.

15. to all the tankies past and present in afghan or iraq we will never forget the sacrifices of the men before us or the ones to follow forever green
    oh and by the 20nov1917 it takes only one tankie ex or present to educate a petrol pigeon see u in a couple of years if the wife forgives me