Camberley mosque

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Mar 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Only just clocked this. Stick:

282 London Rd, Camberley, Surrey GU15 3JP

into Google Maps satellite view, zoom out a bit and see what pops up.

Listed building within Conservation area approved (against all advice) for demolition and to be replaced by a not very subtle Mosque complete with domed roof and two 100ft tall minarets: all 400 yds from parade ground.

Council now trying to backtrack on procedural grounds but a complete clusterfcuk.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/surrey/8559516.stm

2. What's your point?

3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

IIRC its next to the TA Centre.

Can't get too exited about this sort of thing provided that they don't plan to make a noise and frighten the horses. If people are stupid enough to spend their money on this crap that's their lookout. I look forward to a time when religion in all its evil forms is consigned to the dustbin of history.

4. I don't think the Sovereign's Parade is going to be interupted by the sound of the call to prayer... the church just down the road is higher than 100ft!

5. If they play the tinned call to prayer loud enough it should be possible to hear it from Victory College. Might put some of the drill pigs off their stride a bit? :D

6. You try getting PP to demolish a listed building in a conservation area to replace with a modern structure and see what happens. No trouble there though.

7. All they want to do is replace on old normal looking building that is used as a place of worship with a more traditional design (place of worship = will get it)

That place is the reason that the old cinema/snooker hall opposite it wasnt turned into lap dancing club in 2007!

8. Been on local telly here over the last year. AIUI even MoD has objected to it on security grounds.

9. The decision will be made this evening according to local radio......

10. I don't think there is any need to worry. Any adherents to the religion of peace living in Camberley are probably well minted and just as likely to be Conservative party members and Rotarians. I don't think there will be a bomb factory or terrorist training school in the basement.

But....A mosque in Camberley? Who'd have thought that would ever happen?

11. Camberley deserves to have a Mosque. It's an over-rated shiithole! :)

That should bring housing prices down a bit!!!! :D

12. Maybe we could build the mosque, and then get the Israelis to build a wall around it. That should please everyone.

13. Only if you then fill it to the brim with pig urine!!

14. Public meeting earlier tonight. Council voted to refuse planning permission.