Calzaghe Vs. B-Hop - Saturday

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Ritch, Apr 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right then. Predictions anyone?

Calzaghe Stats:

Boxing Stance: Southpaw
    Reach: 73"
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 168lbs
    Trainer: Enzo Calzaghe
    Fights: 44
    Won: 44
    KO: 32

B-Hop Stats:

Reach: 71"
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 171lbs
    Fights: 54
    Won: 48
    KO: 32
    Losses: 4
    Draws 1
    NC: 1

Personally, I think the Welsh Dragon will win on points.

2. Calzaghe on points by UD. Ole man Popkins won't be able to handle Joe's sheer workrate.

Still think this fight is more hype than substance, which is why I chose not to go.

3. Calzaghe on points.

4. Defo more hype than substance. Calzaghe has earned the right to chase the big money now me thinks

Joe to win by Unanimous points decision

5. Calzaghe because he is a nice chap

6. i was a fan of hopkins until all his "i will never lose too a white man" crap so i hope Calzaghe brutally KO's him

7. I don't think Hopkins is a racist, he is one of the smartest and most charismatic men in the sport. Certainly far too clever to to go around making such cheap comments purely for the sake of it.

It's all about hyping up the bout because controversy puts bums on seats and adds spice.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the whole Calzaghe scuffle was pre-planned from the start. B-Hop is, after all, employed by Golden Boy Promotions and Oscar De La Hoya is only interested in making loads of $$$.

Hope Joe smacks him anyway!

8. If there's gonna be anyone out there who could make Joe look bad it'll be Hopkins. Calzaghe made a defence back in 2000 (I think) against a fella called Rick Thornberry and Joe stunk the joint out that night. It was one of the worst performances he's ever made. However, he was definately off-form that night and he will be up for it big time. But Hopkins is a cagey fighter who can outhustle anyone on his night. That, coupled with the fight being in Vegas and Vegas judges as well, could spell trouble.

However, I suspect Joe will bamboozle him for 12 rounds and win on points. But if the odds are good, might be worth putting some money on B Hop.

9. Are you sure about those stats? They have JC still at super middle limit (168lbs), and B-Hop well inside the L/heavy limit. Would have thought they'd both be closer to 175lbs.

Also, they show JC as 2 inches shorter, but with a 2" longer reach. I know that could be possible, but I didn't think it was the case here.

Anyhow, hope that JC makes him work hard every round, and that B-Hop's age starts to show.

10. Calzaghe on points but I hope he knocks Hopkins out for all the years of trash-talking.
    Hopkins is a clever fighter but I've seen him in some stinkers and I hope this is his last fight ever.

11. Both have weighed in at 173lbs.

12. Old man Popkins wont be able to handle the volume of punches Calzaghe will be throwing so I reckon Calzaghe will win on points. Hopefully if he wins he'll get a few more big names to fight like Jermain Taylor or Roy Jones Jr.

13. Anyone got a video the Hopkins "lose to no white man" thing, i reckon its for the hype, but i hope Calzaghe demolishes the fella.

Cal

15. Roy Jones Jr has said that he'll fight Calzaghe - even if he loses against Hopkins - at the Milennium Stadium, with possibly a two fight deal if the first bout is a good one.

3am Radio 5 Live... Its going to be a loooong day.