Calls for the overweight to be refused IVF

Overweight women and those who smoke should be refused IVF treatment, according to many experts surveyed.

More than 40 per cent believed access to IVF should be conditional on lifestyle - so that, for instance, smokers were disqualified.

A large proportion of the experts said they should change their habits before they are given care.

They outnumbered the 28.8 per cent who agreed with the statement "access to IVF should be offered to all regardless of lifestyle".

And many experts surveyed also believe too many new fertility treatments are being offered to patients without sufficient proof that they work.

Almost half the doctors, nurses and scientists taking part in the survey agreed that new procedures are being brought in too hastily.

Some 85 per cent of those questioned wanted to see more clinical trials to test the effectiveness of novel In-Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) techniques.

The survey of 186 mostly British experts was carried out to mark the 30th birthday of the first IVF baby, Louise Brown.

Louise was born at Oldham and District General Hospital in Greater Manchester on July 25, 1978, ushering in a fertility revolution which continues to this day.

The survey was conducted by the British Fertility Society (BFS) in conjunction with the Science Media Centre in London and the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (Eshre).
At the end of the day if they want a baby by IVF they should prove that no natural means will work.

They may find losing a bit of poundage, cutting the fall down juice and giving up tabs (not to mention Es and Whizz) may return their fertilitiy.

IVF should be used for those who genuinely need it, not the terminally lazy.

As per above, a bit of education for the zenopods might go along way with the kids too. As parents with poor dietry habits pass it on to the nippers by feeding them turkey twizzlers and pop.

Also, a bit of adoptio in place of IVF wouldn´t go a miss.
I don't think there is any need, because every time I fuck a fat bird, I cum in her eye anyway. (The only complaint I had was when a bit went in her cheese toastie).
so when they turn up for IVF, the NHS say "whoa you is a bit fat, you need to lose some lard. It so happens I have a mate who does Lipo, here is his card". :)
I think if you smoke and are overweight, then you obviously don't look after yourself and as such should not expect priveleges such as IVF and also should be lower down the list for NHS operations. Why spend thousands on an operation where spmeone does not look after their body. If your mate had a smashed up fiesta and asked you for a loan of your Merc would you loan it him ?
jimmys_best_mate said:
They already are in most hospitals - the woman's BMI has to be below 35 to qualify.
You mean 'below 35 stone' shurely. Have you been to an IVF clinic recently?

It's not always a medical condition that leads some of them to seek help - it's that their partners can't climb aboard and find the appropriate slot for their coinage.