Calling all Zulu fans!

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by BFBS, May 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As you may know, BFBS launches its new annual Forces fundraiser, The Big Salute, this weekend.

Sir Michael Caine has donated two signed Zulu film posters for us to auction in aid of the The Big Salute.

The auction will go live on Sunday at 1800 at www.bfbs.com/bigsalute

The beneficiaries of the BFBS Big Salute are Combat Stress, Headley Court, Blesma, Veterans Aid and St Dunstan's.

There's loads of other great auction items, too, so take a look on Sunday.

BFBS

2. Great - but 1800 where, as in BST or CET?

3. From about 1800 BST. But the auction will be open for a week.

BFBS

4. Actually, the auction wil start at 12noon BST on Sunday, and run for 7 days.

Any Star Wars fans should also check out the Star Wars 1,2 and 3 DVDs signed by Ewan McGregor.

www.bfbs.com/bigsalute

BFBS

5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Now i'm torn between promoting this around, and keeping quiet.

I want those posters..

6. Me too Mr H. Let's keep it quiet and take 1 each.... :wink:

7. You two have just made me realise I've missed a trick. Damn and blast. I should have said there was only one signed Zulu poster, and then you'd have had to fight it out. Then when you'd paid £5k for it, I could put the other one on....

Flipping heck.

BFBS

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Roger that, we won't tell anyone...

[​IMG]

9. You're not going to believe me after what I said earlier, but we just checked with Sir Michael Caine's office about when we could expect the posters to arrive - and it turns out there is only ONE coming after all.

You two are going to have to battle it out after all....

May the best man win!

BFBS

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

He's a fcking tight bast*rd....

11. Because we haven't rec'd it yet (someone's going to nip to the post office in the morning, it being Sat and no business deliveries) on the auction site there'll just be a pic of Sir Michael as we don't which poster he's sending. We didn't want to put a pic of the wrong poster up, and seem to be at least half a dozen variants. But please don't let that put you off.

BFBS

12. Stingy bloody Fusilier!

13. Makes the one we are getting even more rare and covetable...

BFBS :D

14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I presume it'll be this one. Will you be telling us the size of it? I have a red colour schemed room so this will work well...

[​IMG]

15. It's all change here minute by minute - we have just got the signed poster in our hot little hands (white-gloved, of course) and so the real picture will be on the auction site.

It's 43cm x 28cm and it's a light blue background with the word Zulu and other stuff. It's really nice.

If I'm the successful bidder, I'd get it framed with lots of white around.

The signature says 'With Best Wishes, Michael Caine'

Let battle commence....

Well, at noon BST on Sunday, anyway. It closes 7 days later.

BFBS