Calling all Zulu fans!

BFBS

Old-Salt
As you may know, BFBS launches its new annual Forces fundraiser, The Big Salute, this weekend.

Sir Michael Caine has donated two signed Zulu film posters for us to auction in aid of the The Big Salute.

The auction will go live on Sunday at 1800 at www.bfbs.com/bigsalute

The beneficiaries of the BFBS Big Salute are Combat Stress, Headley Court, Blesma, Veterans Aid and St Dunstan's.

There's loads of other great auction items, too, so take a look on Sunday.

BFBS

BFBS

Old-Salt
You two have just made me realise I've missed a trick. Damn and blast. I should have said there was only one signed Zulu poster, and then you'd have had to fight it out. Then when you'd paid £5k for it, I could put the other one on....

Flipping heck.

BFBS

BFBS

Old-Salt
You're not going to believe me after what I said earlier, but we just checked with Sir Michael Caine's office about when we could expect the posters to arrive - and it turns out there is only ONE coming after all.

You two are going to have to battle it out after all....

May the best man win!

BFBS

Mr Happy

LE
BFBS said:
You're not going to believe me after what I said earlier, but we just checked with Sir Michael Caine's office about when we could expect the posters to arrive - and it turns out there is only ONE coming after all.

May the best man win!

BFBS
He's a fcking tight bast*rd....

Because we haven't rec'd it yet (someone's going to nip to the post office in the morning, it being Sat and no business deliveries) on the auction site there'll just be a pic of Sir Michael as we don't which poster he's sending. We didn't want to put a pic of the wrong poster up, and seem to be at least half a dozen variants. But please don't let that put you off.

BFBS

BFBS said:

May the best man win!

BFBS
Stingy bloody Fusilier!

Mr Happy

LE
BFBS said:
Because we haven't rec'd it yet (someone's going to nip to the post office in the morning, it being Sat and no business deliveries) on the auction site there'll just be a pic of Sir Michael as we don't which poster he's sending. We didn't want to put a pic of the wrong poster up, and seem to be at least half a dozen variants. But please don't let that put you off.

BFBS
I presume it'll be this one. Will you be telling us the size of it? I have a red colour schemed room so this will work well...

It's all change here minute by minute - we have just got the signed poster in our hot little hands (white-gloved, of course) and so the real picture will be on the auction site.

It's 43cm x 28cm and it's a light blue background with the word Zulu and other stuff. It's really nice.

If I'm the successful bidder, I'd get it framed with lots of white around.

The signature says 'With Best Wishes, Michael Caine'

Let battle commence....

Well, at noon BST on Sunday, anyway. It closes 7 days later.

BFBS

jack-daniels said:
When I click on the link for the poster it directs you to a signed rugby ball link. Is there some covert bidding going on?
Thanks for pointing that out, JD. My more tecnically-adept colleague is sorting that out at the moment.

Don't worry, the auction has only been live a very short time, and doesn't close until noon BST next Sunday.

BFBS

Oooh, poster at £155 already, and it hasn't been 12 hours yet, another six and a half days to go....

www.bfbs.com/bigsalute

Loads of lovely money for Combat Stress, Headley Court, St Dunstan's, Veterans Aid and Blesma

BFBS :D

Latest Threads