Calling all reviewers and wannabe Reviewers

As you may know, @Auld-Yin is gradually retiring from the role of Book-Reviewer-In-Chief, and I am slowly picking up as he leaves off. It's going to be a hard act to follow, with a large number of diverse books sent out and reviewed every month. Thank you to Reviewers who have responded to the latest list of reading loveliness with their requests. Could I please ask reviewers who are awaiting the list to check their 'spam' folders, because the email will have come from me, rather than he, this month? Thank you.

If anyone is interested in reading, anything from detective stories, science fiction, thrillers, history, militaria, or any topic you can imagine, please make contact with me and I'll add you to the list. You'll make your choice from the monthly list of books available, subject to not wanting the same as someone else, when Mr. GRB's pale blue beret will be used to draw names. All you need to do is read the book and make a short report about it in the forum here. We can also try to get books which aren't on the list but you may have seen elsewhere and take your fancy.

As you get to keep the books after you've reviewed them, it's a nice way to increase your library! There's no downside, imho.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
noted and replied
slightly different format to your email, but I managed to open it
been up to Norfolk for much sad stuff myself of late
perhaps a trip back in better times is on the cards
I need to visit Guy Martin for a chat, as he is only on the border
his pub is well worth a visit
Norfolk is lovely. As is rural Suffolk. My ancestors are from Bardwell, and I found time to poke around there in brtween the sad stuff.

Guy Martin's pub sounds interesting ...

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Norfolk is lovely. As is rural Suffolk. My ancestors are from Bardwell, and I found time to poke around there in brtween the sad stuff.

Guy Martin's pub sounds interesting ...
The marrow bone and cleaver
My late uncle Vic and his brothers in arms adopted it as their little bit of England
Afew years back it was tatty and in line for a developer to pull it down and sell of the artefacts from Bomber Command
Guy bless him put his money where his mouth is and saved a little bit of our history, my cousin donated a few things after the Wing Commander made his last flight, along with the boys from Marham who gave him the loudest send off I have ever heard
Guys sister runs the pub, its well worth a visit, the civil airport just up the road is the old bomber command base
Lots of memories of young men coming together to fight evil, not so different to the lads in Ukraine!
Have a look for a small painting of a handsome young man, that's him

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The marrow bone and cleaver
My late uncle Vic and his brothers in arms adopted it as their little bit of England
Afew years back it was tatty and in line for a developer to pull it down and sell of the artefacts from Bomber Command
Guy bless him put his money where his mouth is and saved a little bit of our history, my cousin donated a few things after the Wing Commander made his last flight, along with the boys from Marham who gave him the loudest send off I have ever heard
Guys sister runs the pub, its well worth a visit, the civil airport just up the road is the old bomber command base
Lots of memories of young men coming together to fight evil, not so different to the lads in Ukraine!
Have a look for a small painting of a handsome young man, that's him
We're back again next week for the Memorial Event, then a few days in the motorhome for R&R. I'll visit!

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Has anyone heard from @sirbhp lately? He didn't respond last month and now his email is not recognised. No reply to PMs either.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Books all posted this morning, ladies and gentlemen. Look out for your posties on Thursday or Friday, staggering under the weight!

Daz

LE
Never did make the cut for a reviewer :(

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Never did make the cut for a reviewer :(
That's because you is blind and would only review books about the Me109....

Daz

LE

no f in beer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Ooops - frogot :) - books received, nearly done one (only a shorty)

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Evening all. Thanks for putting so many of your new reviews into the Book Club (at https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/forums/the-book-club.118/ for those who need a reminder). I think the new way of working is making my life a lot easier, and generating some nice debates, which add to our knowledge of the topics.

I'm going to ask @Bad CO to lock the old forum, so we can still read reviews there, but won't be able to post new ones except in The Book Club. It won't happen immediately, so keep an eye out, and don't panic if one day you can't load a book review the 'old' way. Many thanks for your support with making this quite major change work for us.

I'm still interested to know if anyone has heard from @sirbhp. He seems to have disappeared completely, he's not responding to PMs and his email account returns 'not found'.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Evening all. Thanks for putting so many of your new reviews into the Book Club (at https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/forums/the-book-club.118/ for those who need a reminder). I think the new way of working is making my life a lot easier, and generating some nice debates, which add to our knowledge of the topics.

I'm going to ask @Bad CO to lock the old forum, so we can still read reviews there, but won't be able to post new ones except in The Book Club. It won't happen immediately, so keep an eye out, and don't panic if one day you can't load a book review the 'old' way. Many thanks for your support with making this quite major change work for us.

I'm still interested to know if anyone has heard from @sirbhp. He seems to have disappeared completely, he's not responding to PMs and his email account returns 'not found'.
He's not on any kind of naughty step nor has been for ages

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
He's not on any kind of naughty step nor has been for ages
He's quite elderly, even compared to me. I think I'll drop a snailmail line to his house just to see if all is well.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

olafthered

LE
Book Reviewer
I have actually finished the excellent book I had outstanding while on a work trip. I will get a review done this week or early next!

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
have you checked his local paper for a notice ?, or perhaps get another arrser who lives locally to pop around
He lives on the other side of the country from me. I'll think about the challenge...

Latest Threads