Calling all reviewers and wannabe Reviewers

As you may know, @Auld-Yin is gradually retiring from the role of Book-Reviewer-In-Chief, and I am slowly picking up as he leaves off. It's going to be a hard act to follow, with a large number of diverse books sent out and reviewed every month. Thank you to Reviewers who have responded to the latest list of reading loveliness with their requests. Could I please ask reviewers who are awaiting the list to check their 'spam' folders, because the email will have come from me, rather than he, this month? Thank you.

If anyone is interested in reading, anything from detective stories, science fiction, thrillers, history, militaria, or any topic you can imagine, please make contact with me and I'll add you to the list. You'll make your choice from the monthly list of books available, subject to not wanting the same as someone else, when Mr. GRB's pale blue beret will be used to draw names. All you need to do is read the book and make a short report about it in the forum here. We can also try to get books which aren't on the list but you may have seen elsewhere and take your fancy.

As you get to keep the books after you've reviewed them, it's a nice way to increase your library! There's no downside, imho.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Take yer flippers!
It gets a bit wet up there
Oddly, I'll be staying in cousin's house, which is about 3 miles from where generations of our family lived in the 17th and 18th centuries. I'm familiar with the climate!

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Good afternoon all. Thank you to those who are loading their reviews through the new system (Link above as a reminder). There are some excellent reviews being loaded, and I thank you all for those. I just wish I could be sure to live long enough to read all these recommended books!

• I'm writing to ask for feedback from you.
  • How did you find the experience?
  • Can you all see the button to load reviews/start threads?
  • Can you see the full review, with the Amazon Link and pictures, after I've moderated it? I find that I can't see the link, and sometimes the pictures won't go in, so maybe I should ask @Bad CO for a tweak (Phnarr, phnarr). But I don't want to bother a busy bloke if it's just my own problem. Please let me know how you're finding it. I haven't closed down the old system yet, just in case ....

I still have a few books left from the March List, if anybody would like another one. April's volumes are coming in and the shelf is getting full..

Eyethangyew

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

no f in beer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Ooooh, book, yes, got it - not turned a page yet (apart from preface) - Life keeps getting in the way, soon, promise

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Good afternoon all. Happy Easter!

Thank you for all the reviews that have been loaded recently, especially those using the new system. My shelf is groaning under the weight of new books to go out next week, so please make every effort to post your reviews from previous months.

This month I have military history from pre-Roman times to 1982, military modelling, a couple on the Titanic and some 20th Century 'why empires were lost' theories which apply to the situation in Russia at the moment.

I've offered a couple of electronic versions of books 'off list' to reviewers living in foreign places, and hope to be doing more of this in future for those who like the idea. (It also saves @Bad CO on the postage!) If you'd like me to consider you for pixels rather than pages, just let me know, and I'll update my magical book spreadsheet.

Now, back to gardening and catching the rays of sunshine.

GRB out.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Paging @Dwarf and @Whining Civvy !!!

Have you both received correspondence about electronic books?

Hardcopies have arrived but I don't want to duplicate if you have accepted the missions!

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Yes, but I haven't had time with work problems. Sorry.
No problem. I'll add the hardcopy to the list for distribution shortly.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Whining Civvy

LE
Book Reviewer
What's the deadline? If there's a second one and no takers for the hard copy you can chuck it my way

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
What's the deadline? If there's a second one and no takers for the hard copy you can chuck it my way
No deadline for the reviews. People have lives!

The deadline wal me knowing whether to add it to the list, which is probably going out this weekend, as the shelf is full and I'm off back to the Norfolk Trainset on Monday.

I can send you the hardcopy as a thank you for helping to pilot the electronic method :)

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
Electronic would be good for me when I get time.

Do like the feel of books though.

Whining Civvy

LE
Book Reviewer
I live in Australia, be careful with the offering me free books at your expense!

Happy to do it, ebook isn't as good as hard copy but a heap better than compulsively scrolling through 20 pages of Ukraine thread every day.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen. Your inboxes should start to fill up today, with lots of bookish offerings for your enjoyment in May. Please let me know if your email doesn't arrive - hold fast @MoleBath as you should have received your books already!

Please continue to publish your reviews. I am being prompted by Pen & Sword for reviews of books I sent out in November, and whilst they are patient, I feel we do owe them something for the huge supply of lovely material they send us.

As per my email, there's a lot going on in my life at the moment, so I appreciate your sending in requests early so I can get at least one batch away before I have to return to Norfolk yet again. (I am combining sad stuff with a stay at Sandringham this time. Not in the Big House, but in the motorhome on the Estate's Campsite!

Thank you all.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen. Your inboxes should start to fill up today, with lots of bookish offerings for your enjoyment in May. Please let me know if your email doesn't arrive - hold fast @MoleBath as you should have received your books already!

Please continue to publish your reviews. I am being prompted by Pen & Sword for reviews of books I sent out in November, and whilst they are patient, I feel we do owe them something for the huge supply of lovely material they send us.

As per my email, there's a lot going on in my life at the moment, so I appreciate your sending in requests early so I can get at least one batch away before I have to return to Norfolk yet again. (I am combining sad stuff with a stay at Sandringham this time. Not in the Big House, but in the motorhome on the Estate's Campsite!

Thank you all.
noted and replied
slightly different format to your email, but I managed to open it
been up to Norfolk for much sad stuff myself of late
perhaps a trip back in better times is on the cards
I need to visit Guy Martin for a chat, as he is only on the border
his pub is well worth a visit

Latest Threads