Calling all reviewers and wannabe Reviewers

As you may know, @Auld-Yin is gradually retiring from the role of Book-Reviewer-In-Chief, and I am slowly picking up as he leaves off. It's going to be a hard act to follow, with a large number of diverse books sent out and reviewed every month. Thank you to Reviewers who have responded to the latest list of reading loveliness with their requests. Could I please ask reviewers who are awaiting the list to check their 'spam' folders, because the email will have come from me, rather than he, this month? Thank you.

If anyone is interested in reading, anything from detective stories, science fiction, thrillers, history, militaria, or any topic you can imagine, please make contact with me and I'll add you to the list. You'll make your choice from the monthly list of books available, subject to not wanting the same as someone else, when Mr. GRB's pale blue beret will be used to draw names. All you need to do is read the book and make a short report about it in the forum here. We can also try to get books which aren't on the list but you may have seen elsewhere and take your fancy.

As you get to keep the books after you've reviewed them, it's a nice way to increase your library! There's no downside, imho.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Due to work commitments, I have been slacking of late @Grownup_Rafbrat - however, if you have a spare book, if you'd be so kind as to hoof it over to me, I shall do the business.
Have a butcher's at the latest list. You're bound to find something of interest.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd be happy to review a tome or two.
Pretty eclectic in my reading but history, and sci-fi are favourites.
Only problem might be mail to Catalonia.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'd be happy to review a tome or two.
Pretty eclectic in my reading but history, and sci-fi are favourites.
Only problem might be mail to Catalonia.
See pms. A volunteer and all that!

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Books all despatched second class today, ladies and gentlemen. Please let me know when they arrive..

Edit to add
Including to Dwarf. Good luck!

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Books all despatched second class today, ladies and gentlemen. Please let me know when they arrive..

Edit to add
Bugger, missed your original email....

Still, I am adrift a couple of reviews so will get them in.

Dwarf

LE
Book Reviewer

Edit to add
New packet of crayons bought in anticipation.

What is the timeline on this? I'll have loads of time at Christmas but the next couple of weeks will be work hectic.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
New packet of crayons bought in anticipation.

What is the timeline on this? I'll have loads of time at Christmas but the next couple of weeks will be work hectic.
In your own time, go!

Seriously, you do have lives outside this exercise, and I fully expect the final reviews not to be loaded until the New Year.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Well that all seems to be going well GRB, as I've said before, I'll happily review anything "off-the-wall"

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Glad to hear things are mostly going well. PMs sent to the odd problem child (not the reviewers, their postie!).

Some who were late requesting or disappointed in their book this week may receive a surprise next week.

Mech_Eng

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'd be happy to give it a go. Do you issue a list and we get to choose, or is it pot luck?

Cheers.

Mechy.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'd be happy to give it a go. Do you issue a list and we get to choose, or is it pot luck?

Cheers.

Mechy.
I issue a list each month to existing reviewers. Books requested by more than one reviewer are allocated by method of putting names into a certain blue beret.

Drop me a PM if you're genuinely interested.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Whining Civvy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
As you may know, @Auld-Yin is gradually retiring from the role of Book-Reviewer-In-Chief, and I am slowly picking up as he leaves off. It's going to be a hard act to follow, with a large number of diverse books sent out and reviewed every month. Thank you to Reviewers who have responded to the latest list of reading loveliness with their requests. Could I please ask reviewers who are awaiting the list to check their 'spam' folders, because the email will have come from me, rather than he, this month? Thank you.

If anyone is interested in reading, anything from detective stories, science fiction, thrillers, history, militaria, or any topic you can imagine, please make contact with me and I'll add you to the list. You'll make your choice from the monthly list of books available, subject to not wanting the same as someone else, when Mr. GRB's pale blue beret will be used to draw names. All you need to do is read the book and make a short report about it in the forum here. We can also try to get books which aren't on the list but you may have seen elsewhere and take your fancy.

As you get to keep the books after you've reviewed them, it's a nice way to increase your library! There's no downside, imho.
Happy to do it, but I live in Oz so won't want a hard copy - if you're happy with me picking a title from the list and getting it meself via ebook if it's available then add me to the reviewer list.

Latest Threads