Calling all Lynx Pilots!!

Sam_Fisher said:
Not to mention a huge door to get all their immense heads through, a couple of sandbags to pull up and finally light to swing.
Yeah but it will be the Door Gunner thats opens the door, carrying the sand bags and changing the lightbulb before swinging the lamp......You know.....the norm!!

What about a programme on the Queen of the Skies, the mighty Gazelle? Surely the elegance, longevity and sheer class of this wonderful aircraft would make far more interesting viewing for the discerning British public?

Are the Army getting a replacement for the Gazelle or is the concept of the recce helicopter a thing of the past now that the "hunter-killer" has finally entered service. Has a decision been made on the Lynx replacement yet?

Guys, be fair, not all of us have/had big heads as pilots. I like to think that I treated my crewmen and groundcrew reasonably well. Now as for the pies..........guilty as charged (and dont forget the copius amounts of Guinness)............Regards...........Ken

P.S. Why all the interest in the Lynx, we all know that there was only 2 real helicopters in Army service.................Bell 47 and the mighty Scout, Queen of the Skies!!!!!!!!!

Blackpearl...........just a figure of speech. As a detachment commander in many theatres of operation (usually a couple of gazelles or a couple of Scouts) I tended to use the word "my". My apologies if I offended you, but no "big-headedness" intended by my innocent comment. WOW! You guys are touchy!!

Is it only me thats suspicious as to the nature of this tv programme. Obviously these people are in the business of making good and profitable programmes, so would it be interesting tv if there conclusion was that the Lynx is a nice safe helicopter and everything's just peachy? I think not.

TheBlackPearl(aaarrgghh!) said:
tut tut , back to mcdonalds with you flashy :)
To Mrs Pearls little boy,

Your typing skills are very advanced for a 3 year old but I think you should push the button on your computer that says off. And go to bed. Now . Or in the morning you will be too tired for the park!!! GOOD NIGHT YOUNG MAN.

good point well made. i dont think that the media give us a good press at all, they love nothing better than to make us look unprofessional and amateur and it annoys me greatly. it seems the fashion at the moment to tarnish anything to do with the army/ forces in general :(

shoot the P.C Brigade i say!

I can imagine it will pander to the sensationalist media reporting of late.

It may be a blessing in disguise if it pushes the negatives though. FLynx aint confirmed as yet but it may help to highlight that we need a new cab.

BTW, its FLynx or nowt, simple as that. We are hoping that we can convince the bean counters that FLynx will fulfil the 'Find' capability . If we don't get the go ahead, I can't see us being terribly attractive or economical as a one type operator.

Latest Threads