Calling all gun nuts

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by TRAZTAZ, Feb 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here's a question, can you fire 2 3/4" cartriges from a shotgun chamberd for 3" cartriges?As the cartrige opens into a shaping cone I am guessing you can (SAFELY!), but will it have an effect on shot patern/speed etc?
    The reason I am asking is I am looking to get a new gun and if it is possible then why not get the Magnum variant , so giving me the option of firing either load/size.

Anyone know? :?
  2. Try before you die ...
  3. Yes, you can. I've never had one chambered for 3" Magnum, but I have used 2 1/2" cartridges in a 2 3/4" gun many times.

Edited to add: I can't see it having any effect on shot pattern or speed at all, I suppose you'd have to give it a go to find out for certain though.
  4. Are you asking if you can fire 2 cartriges from 1 barrel or if you can fit 3 cartriges into a magazine with 1 in the breach?

In any case don't try either as you will A end up dead or B will be breaking the law
  5. Shotguns aren't your thing are they?
  6. Not a problem,just don't try to do it the other way round :evil: Joking apart you can safely fire 2 1/2 " and 2 3/4" cartridges in a 3" (Magnum) chambered gun.
  7. Sorry just re-read the first post, yes you can do that it shouldn't have any noticable effect.
  8. Yes you can. It's trying it the other way round that's dangerous
  9. Not completely convinced they would even fit the other way around..................

By the way thanks for the info guys
  10. Yes the gun wont go bang or Yes Turks cant build guns?
  11. Yes the gun will go bang but only in the intended manner ;).

Some Turks can build guns, some turn out rubbish. I've seen quite a lot of the latter.