Calling all ex Scorpion crew. What's missing in my turret?

B

bokkatankie

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing in my Scorpion turret?

There are some bolt holes on left of the commanders shoulder and several spaces on the upper turret wall on both sides.

Any help much appreciated!
Tricky one, there were some smoke grenade holders and other stuff green tin boxes but your photos are not as helpful as you would think and as you appear to have a missmash of clansman and larkspur (or not larkspur but not clansmen) boxes in the turret one wonders what is in the right place at all?

Top pic: I believe that was a space for a box for sig pistol carts and SMG mags. And for braying your elbow on. Bottom pic: again, I think that was were the ICB3 sat?

As bokkie says, there's a bunch of stuff in there that makes it a bit of a fruit salad.

B

bokkatankie

Wassat grey box to the left of the TUAAM? I know jack about Scorpions, but the CRCH boxes, TUAAM & ARFAT look right to me.

Some kind of power distribution box? They look like fuse covers on the top, but I've never seen one like that before.
Thee is stuff in the picture that was never in a Scorpion so whole lot is buggers muddle.

B

bokkatankie

Like I have said, whatever it is or was it was not in Scorpion 1982 -87, whoever sold it to him may have been taking the piss!

Thee is stuff in the picture that was never in a Scorpion so whole lot is buggers muddle.
All the stuff shown was in mine....there is an IB2 instead of an IB3 so that could indicate a Tp Ldrs vehicle, mine was, the 'flower tube' was for filling the internal watertank....that's what is also missing from the Gnrs side, the tap and tube to fill the BV.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Wassat grey box to the left of the TUAAM? I know jack about Scorpions, but the CRCH boxes, TUAAM & ARFAT look right to me.

Some kind of power distribution box? They look like fuse covers on the top, but I've never seen one like that before.
Yes it's the power distribution box for all the turret services.

B

bokkatankie

Top pic: I believe that was a space for a box for sig pistol carts and SMG mags. And for braying your elbow on. Bottom pic: again, I think that was were the ICB3 sat?

As bokkie says, there's a bunch of stuff in there that makes it a bit of a fruit salad.
I am struggling to remember a pressure guage and if it was there for what purpose?

Indeed there was! For a start off, on firing, the gauge used to leap from ****-all to (I think) 250lbs/psi. You can't quite see it in the pic, but there was an armoured cable that ran from the gauge to the recuperator.

B

bokkatankie

Best not....then again they were both in service at the same time so.....I do remember the SMG clips, well mine def, right rear mounted on a single round stowage point on the hull floor in the corner of the hull and fuel tank.

The gauge, recuperator pressure?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
The Scorpion did not have a recuperator, that was the RARDEN mounted on the Scimitar / Fox / Warrior / Weird 432 and even then it did not have a pressure guage in the turret!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Acid_Tin The Other Half 17
OldSnowy Current Affairs, News and Analysis 1
Stained_Eligius Aviation 147