Calling all Blackadder fans - TV DOCUMENTARY NEEDS YOU!

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by simonmarks, Mar 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One of the UK's most successful production companies is making a TV documentary on one of the greatest British sitcoms ever - Blackadder. And to celebrate its 25th anniversary, we need your help.

- Were you ever nicknamed 'Baldrick' by your regiment?
    - Did you or anyone you know have a regimental goat named 'Baldrick'?
    - Perhaps you served in the Gulf War within a platoon named after a Blackadder character?
    - Or maybe you know of another incident within your regiment that reflected a Blackadder episode?

If you're a Blackadder fan, and you feel you have ANYTHING interesting to contribute on how the show may have impacted your army life, please contact Simon at or call 0207 434 6783.

Many thanks

2. Speak to someone at 4 Regiment Army Air Corps.

During Op Granby the Airfield / HLS was called camp Flasheart.

I think the was a Baldrick lines to in Al Jubayal somewhere.

I'd give you a call but am busy at the minute shooting Nurse Fleischer Baume... the dirty bosch spy
  3. I find this example of irony as amusing as anything that was lampooned in the Blackadder series! :D

(edited to make the bold text work!)
  4. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Where's Baldricksbullet when you need him :lol:
  5. I thought the episode 'Private Plane' was a recruiting video.

Sadly, I was to learn that there truely is nothing cushy about life in the Womens Auxiliary Balloon Corps.

Flash, I think you're pretty much spot-on, there.

Oh, and there was an ex-Woofer aircrewman (latterly an LE Major, recently seen on TV reporting on the Basra mutant badger threat) who insisted on jumping on the tables at an airshow in Switzerland and yelling "IIIIIITS ME, HOORAY" with annoying frequency. I think he had been affected in some way by the programme.
  6. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

The only DvD set the air trooping lounge at South Cerney has i think.
  7. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Suppose I'd better comment, maybe not...

On Op Granby the Loggies had Black Adder arm flash and a variation wearing NBC kit.

The present 101 Log Bde is a Black Adder for this very reason but the snake is facing the opposite direction from the original version.

I believe there was a Baldrick lines.
  8. Baldrick and Blackadder lines were built by 39 Engr Regt during OP GRANBY because funnily enough we had a cunning plan. Not by some muppet in MOD somewhere as reported by the press.
  9. I saw that TRF, so twas a Blackadder eh?

Theres me thinking it was a swimming sperm - or is that a Freidian Slip!!
  10. The final episode of series 4 seemed a bit familiar. I think a few Regts went over the top and had a conscript or two killed.
  11. Further to the South Cerney comment, it was the only one playing when I was waiting to go to GW1 as well. Mind you, it wasn't a problem :)
  12. You may wish to contact BaldricksBullet

I think he's still a site sponsor and may have something to add! :wink:
  13. S'funny, I used to teach Lynx in exactly the same manner. Woof. :D
  14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Not that they asked me or the site owners but, its a sunny day somewhere and I'm cool with it. Is there a plt or tp which didn't have, somewhere, a "Baldrick" in its orbat ever?