Calling all Arrsers!!

Discussion in 'ARRSEpedia' started by Proximo, Oct 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Folks - as you know, a very small team of oddballs and freaks try their best to keep the Arrsepedia ticking over.

We currently have 3034 'wanted' articles of one sort or another. They are all listed here.

Could I ask you all that if you have an idle 5 minutes to spare, you select just one article and 'fill in the blanks'? Don't worry if you don't know what you're doing - just click the links in my sig block or you could take the Tutorial.

[​IMG]

I suspect this will fall on deaf ears but it would be nice to get some input, even if it's just to tell us that we're all utterly crap.

Cheers!

2. BUMP

Only 3032 to go now...

3. 3031 actually! :)

Gunny

4. You are a bad squeaky, Im going to have to have a nibble one day :wink:

I will do some tomorrow Proximo, need my beauty sleep now. :roll:

5. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

I did three although they were all very dull....

Proximo, a lot of the "wanted" subjects are nothing to do with the military at all and must already exist on the Wiki network somewhere. Is it not possible to simply link such subjects to the existing Wiki network entries?

6. Yes click on the links next to the word e.g (3 links)

This will then bring up a list of all those pages with the link, manually edit each page removing the link brackets around the word.

:D

7. Yeah.

If you have something which you know you can redirect to an existing page (usually due to poor spelling or very close in terms of sense) then just identify your target page and obtain the code, then simply click on the redlink you are trying to remove, hit 'Edit' then type:

#REDIRECT [[Target Code in here]]

Hit 'Save' and the page should have a big blue arrow and your redirect in big blue writing. I always click the big blue link to double check.

I would say that the majority of redlinks could profit from this sort of treatment.

You're right - it is time consuming - which is why you need to be dedicated to do it for many many hours...only 3019 to go... :D

8. 3016 now. I'm tired though.

Anyone got anything to add to this: Squaddie Two Step?

9. FMT600 just added a bit on this. Feel free to rip it apart :D

10. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Sonar done, trying to complete the other Navy items.

11. Beverley started. A bit of help would be nice though :wink:

12. bumped and done a few to show willing. Quite therapeutic, actually.

13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

PTSD done.

14. Keep chipping away ... humour and obscenities are optional but are encouraged. Just look at anything involving muslins for an idea what we're looking for!