Calling 664 Mindeners

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Mighty_doh_nut, Aug 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

Kingley barracks and the old NAAFI clearly still there......but struggling to ID St Georges in the backgroud.

Stifsallee has all changed and there is now a roundabout at the junction.....

Unless its completely changed I can't make anything out, or I'm looking in the worng place

2. How did you get hold of that? I drove past Clifton Bks the other day and it's been levelled. Apart from one or two MT buildings, not a trace of anything else.

3. Sorry Biscuits, refresh my memory, which one was Clifton Barracks?

4. Clifton barracks was next to the Mc Donalds, Route 61 to Bad Oyenhausen .... Wife Comes from Dehme and I was based at Kingsley barracks .... Looks a lot cleaner than I was there :)

5. Ah got you, I had it in my head that was Elizabeth Bks.....

Opposite Clifton was a Shell garage were I first heard an attempt at pidgeon German (delivered by a trusting nig) he announced to the cashier 'Ich habe ein halb panzer links' = 'I have half a tank left'

Does anyone know if the old Garrison officers mess is still there..... that had to be the dullest duty ever

6. Shell garage has gone as well mate.

7. Whats left of St Georges then? is the Ganz Neue Hubshraube hanger gone?

8. Nothing. It's a Martkauf now.

9. Bloody boxheads.

Place was a dump but fond memories, of a cracking posting.

Got all nostalgic now, might have to crack open the frickadellas

10. There's a great Gyros place in Porta Westfalica. The one on STifts Alle is shut. I think that it's the same geezer. Great scoff.

11. Hey Biscuits .... give us a run down of Minden for the Misses ... Is Maria's (24 Hr Bar) still there .... who's gone what's new ... thanks

12. I can remember, Leonardi's, Le Journal (Ralf, faggot but an awesome mixed grill) 24 hr bar, trying to rememebr the bar on Stifallee near Kingsley???

13. Maria's?.......was that the little bar down by the river called the El Coyote, where the Argylls killed that poof?

14. Yes ... That was Maria's family run everyone in the family worked there ... Wifes half sister was Melonie Brinkman comfort woman to 2 Queens and the Argylls .. walked in there one evening and she was being barracked for being a slag .... looked at me and said tell them I am not a slag ... I said you are to loud cheers and a free drink from the Argylls :) good old days.

Misses hasn't been back to the Minden area since her mum died in 1997 as her family wasn't much of a family ... would love to hear how the area has changed .. what has gone .. what the barracks have become .. etc .. any help would be much welcomed.

15. Peroxide blonde with a deformed Annie Lennox look about her?

If the same she was comfort woman to most of the Trogs, Ordnance and the lesser moralled members of 664sqn

A certain lanky, plate faced Sigs sgt from 3 Regt used to knock her off, when he was a Tom (as did half the block when he was on GOM gaurd) :D