Call up papers?

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by Ex-Ten, Jan 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Talk about deja vu!

With Belfast burning and the Argies sabre rattling would you be surprised if they got our SLRs out of storage and invited us to play again?

What I lack in pace these days I make up in low cunning ;P

2. Totally agree, Age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill.
    Now give me my SLR.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mmmm, I'm not so low now,either.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I think our SLRs are in Nigeria now.

As such, if they try and call me up, they can **** off.

5. Quite right too!

6. Colour Service, a wonderful thing. I was called for a kit check and training on the SA80 as GW1 loomed. Was almost disappointed not to be mobilized. Almost.

I was surprised to work out that my Colours only finished eight years ago. Still, if they want me I'll happily go. All I need is the SLR or a No 4, a computer and a chair that doesn't give me back ache... If I really, really have to do engineers stuff, then they can **** off with the Top Panels, but I'll do Pin Man if they give me comfortable shoes with insoles...

7. As are many bank account details!

• Like Like x 1
  8. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

being a cold war warrior i never went last time . so i would go at once now . However a SLR would be too heavy and my eyesight isn't what it used to be, so could i take a few rolls of bandages and cucumber sandwiches do you think ?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Excellent. Don't forget the flask of tea. I'll be sitting on that sandbag over there ---->

10. Did your sister Dolly make the sandwiches?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Do you think they'll let us take our own blankets to black out the back windows of the transit this time? The grey look with three red parallel lines is so 70/80's. I was thinking a nice "Dora the explorer" look for the more rural parts of the province.

• Like Like x 1
  12. "The Province"? Hang on a sec! I thought we were heading south to warmer climes. I can go to Ireland any time. Anyway, I'm hoping we'll get electric blankets, which will only be get red bits if you forget to unplug them from the fag lighter.

13. If I really, really have to do engineers stuff, then they can **** off with the Top Panels, but I'll do Pin Man if they give me comfortable shoes with insoles...[/QUOTE]

C of G man for me!

14. What I lack in pace these days I make up in bulk.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I'm a fully fledged spacker now and can't be called so enjoy your trenchfoot *******.