Call Up of the General Public

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by bjsr2, Aug 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dose anyone know where I can find the outline of the "Call Up" for the general public, in the event of a war? All I can find on MoD is about the TA.

BTW, I don't know anything, we're not going to war, it's just idel curiousity, after reading the American outlines, so wondered what the British ones were like.
  2. WTF would you want to know this? Why would anyone want to know this? BTW I don't know either just idle curiosity as to why anyone would be so bored as to want the info!
  3. If your idel I suggest this thread.
  4. Lol, if they issued guns to every adult male in London there'd be about a hundred different ethnic and religious mini civil wars started within about 5 seconds.
  5. "Location: Can't say for security reasons"

6. You won't find it on the MoD site because the MoD don't call anyone up. For there to be a general callup (conscription) it would take an act of parliament.
  7. Did we miss something there?
  8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I think we must have
  9. I didn't, and agree with Prae.
  10. care to enlighten us (I'm getting a complex)?
  11. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

That's because there isn't any. nothing. Zilch. Nada. Such legislation does not exist.

WTF would anyone do with several million unwashed, fat, useless, unwilling mutants anyway? Barely 1 in 10 would get through the medical!
  12. Me too. You two must be slow.
  13. If they did what they did before they would send them to Korea, Malaya.Aden,Cyprus and probably get them to fight two world wars. WTF do you think National Servicemen were ?
  14. Blokes primarily in manual jobs, who walked most places and most likely would be a hell of a lot fitter than the average fella today
  15. i take it you are going to kick off a war then fella.

good luck.