Call Up Experiences

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by PrayingMantis, Nov 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi i'm a new recruit in the TA, and i am just looking to find out what people experiences have been like in the process of getting a call up notice or volunteering for a tour through to actually landing there
    Cheers

2. Read the whole database

3. what paper are you hoping will carry this?

4. I got called up in front of the boss once, for farting on parade...

5. I was a regular reservist rather than TA but it went something like this:

*Brrrrring*
    'Hello?'
    'Hi. I'm a reservist, I've spazzed all my wonga and I'd like to volunteer for a tour.'
    'Will Iraq do you?'
    'Yeah'
    'OK - let me get your details and they'll be something in the post'

Five weeks later - Chilwell.

6. I was minding my own business when I got a brown envelope through the door with a cunningly worded invite to go to Iraq. I went to Chilwell on the day stated on the invite. I then went to Iraq and after a tour (which was supposed to last 2 hours on an open top bus but actually lasted 6 months), came home to tea and medals.

7. Thanks, thats the sort of thing i was on about, im not writing anything for a paper a mentioned by someone else, just interested as i have just joined the TA

8. Best thing to do is speak to blokes in your unit, many/ most will have been through the chillwell mill by now.

9. cheers, will do

10. what unit btw?

11. royal sigs

12. well if your 'just' a new recruit, your a long way off going on ops, so I'd be getting on with training before I did anything else.
    Learn to walk before you run.