Call Up Experiences

Hi i'm a new recruit in the TA, and i am just looking to find out what people experiences have been like in the process of getting a call up notice or volunteering for a tour through to actually landing there
Cheers

I was a regular reservist rather than TA but it went something like this:

*Brrrrring*
'Hello?'
'Hi. I'm a reservist, I've spazzed all my wonga and I'd like to volunteer for a tour.'
'Will Iraq do you?'
'Yeah'
'OK - let me get your details and they'll be something in the post'

Five weeks later - Chilwell.

I was minding my own business when I got a brown envelope through the door with a cunningly worded invite to go to Iraq. I went to Chilwell on the day stated on the invite. I then went to Iraq and after a tour (which was supposed to last 2 hours on an open top bus but actually lasted 6 months), came home to tea and medals.

MightyBigEgo said:
I was minding my own business when I got a brown envelope through the door with a cunningly worded invite to go to Iraq. I went to Chilwell on the day stated on the invite. I then went to Iraq and after a tour (which was supposed to last 2 hours on an open top bus but actually lasted 6 months), came home to tea and medals.
Thanks, thats the sort of thing i was on about, im not writing anything for a paper a mentioned by someone else, just interested as i have just joined the TA

Best thing to do is speak to blokes in your unit, many/ most will have been through the chillwell mill by now.

cheers, will do

royal sigs

PrayingMantis said:
MightyBigEgo said:
Thanks, thats the sort of thing i was on about, im not writing anything for a paper a mentioned by someone else, just interested as i have just joined the TA
well if your 'just' a new recruit, your a long way off going on ops, so I'd be getting on with training before I did anything else.
Learn to walk before you run.

Latest Threads