Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Does look very cool, if its as good as its predecessor then it'll be a definite buy! Good to get confirmation you play as the SAS in single player, along with US Navy SEALs and Delta apprently. Gotta say I didn't see an L85 in that trailer, FA MAS, ACR and Steyr AUG-HBAR but no L85...

I think the L85A2 has been included in Modern Warfare 2 but I don't think ur start with it in the SAS missions. Maybe because it's still fairly commonly known that Brit SF lads still refuse to use the L85A2, so like in the first COD4 game u'll probably start the levels with the M4 or the Canadian Diemaco C8 rifle as that's also been included into the new game. The L85A2 will probably be part of the SAS levels as a "pick-up" weapon found on the ground or on dead soldiers. Here's another clip found on youtube that shows what other weapons maybe included in the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BUvso02b8s

Bordtea said:
Thank god for that; AT LAST they've made a game with an SA80.

When does it come out?
Will it realistically jam and require you to carry out the IA drills after you've fired a handfull of rounds through it as well!

Cougar said:
Bordtea said:
Thank god for that; AT LAST they've made a game with an SA80.

When does it come out?
Will it realistically jam and require you to carry out the IA drills after you've fired a handfull of rounds through it as well!
And will it come with a left-hand conversion kit for us lefties? lol :twisted:

Knoxy said:
The PC version of Rainbow Six rouge spear game had the SA80 in it. Funny old thing it was quite crap.
No it wasn't. It was the best weapon in the game. I remember several reviews lamenting the fact that whilst the accuracy of the rifle was reflected in the game, the general awkwardness and the supposed unreliability of the weapon was not protrayed in the game.

Got loads of frags using the L85A1 as it was called in the game.

Pre- ordered MW2 today.The going rate is 45 quid with a couple more quid for buisness delivery.

Really looking forward to this as im still to this day hooked on MW multiplayer.

Ref the boomstick,will it have realistic sighting features such as misting up if it so much as drizzles?Or having the 'nightfiring' capability wear off after owning the game for more than a fortnight?

And more importantly will we see the GPMG?

Don't ask me why, but there is a version of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 which comes with a set of night vision goggles called the 'Prestige edition'. Not sure how much it costs or how good the goggles are but i'm guessing expensive and crap! I'm sure there will be a few nerds out there who will buy it though. Not sure how to do a proper link but here's the story.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/13/modern-warfare-2s-prestige-edition-includes-fully-functioning/

edited to add: fixed the link.

Austen_D said:
Don't ask me why, but there is a version of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 which comes with a set of night vision goggles called the 'Prestige edition'. Not sure how much it costs or how good the goggles are but i'm guessing expensive and crap! I'm sure there will be a few nerds out there who will buy it though. Not sure how to do a proper link but here's the story.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/13/modern-warfare-2s-prestige-edition-includes-fully-functioning/
I've just bloody posted that above, dont you read?!

Latest Threads