Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by David2008, Jun 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If your like me and a huge fan of the call of duty series, have a look at this, and they now have an SA80 banged into the game for the SAS which will be interesting to play with :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbqHOPTYjIU (watch in HD :wink: )

[​IMG]

2. Does look very cool, if its as good as its predecessor then it'll be a definite buy! Good to get confirmation you play as the SAS in single player, along with US Navy SEALs and Delta apprently. Gotta say I didn't see an L85 in that trailer, FA MAS, ACR and Steyr AUG-HBAR but no L85...

3. I think the L85A2 has been included in Modern Warfare 2 but I don't think ur start with it in the SAS missions. Maybe because it's still fairly commonly known that Brit SF lads still refuse to use the L85A2, so like in the first COD4 game u'll probably start the levels with the M4 or the Canadian Diemaco C8 rifle as that's also been included into the new game. The L85A2 will probably be part of the SAS levels as a "pick-up" weapon found on the ground or on dead soldiers. Here's another clip found on youtube that shows what other weapons maybe included in the game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BUvso02b8s

4. Thank god for that; AT LAST they've made a game with an SA80.

When does it come out?

5. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

There was a rash of games in the early 2000's that included it. But they were pish.

6. I heard it will be released in the UK on November 10th. Just in time to exploit the Xmas toy rush for the kids :wink:

7. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

STALKER had it, and you'll get it in JCOVE Lite too.

(Third plug of the day...)

8. Will it realistically jam and require you to carry out the IA drills after you've fired a handfull of rounds through it as well!

9. The PC version of Rainbow Six rouge spear game had the SA80 in it. Funny old thing it was quite crap.

10. And will it come with a left-hand conversion kit for us lefties? lol :twisted:

11. BattleField 2 had the L85A2 in it too. :p

12. It looks good. Just have to get my xbox fixed now. I've got 3 red rings at the moment.

13. rainbow 6 Vegas 2 had L85a2 in it.

14. No it wasn't. It was the best weapon in the game. I remember several reviews lamenting the fact that whilst the accuracy of the rifle was reflected in the game, the general awkwardness and the supposed unreliability of the weapon was not protrayed in the game.

Got loads of frags using the L85A1 as it was called in the game.

15. G.R.A.W. has it