Call Of Duty: Black Ops

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Ritch, May 1, 2010.

?
  1. Looks good!

66.7%
  2. Nothing will beat Modern Warfare 2

7.1%
  3. Not floating my boat!

26.2%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, Call of Duty is back - made by Treyarch instead of Infinity Ward. It's slated for release on the 9th November 2010 and apparently, (judging by its weapons and scene's) is set anytime between 1955 and 2010.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops -- Trailer

With scenario's including Vietnam, the Cold War, and the flying the obligatory gunship (and an SR-71), it looks like it's shaping up to be a decent game.

Oh... and it'll please Walts. Apparently you'll take control of the first man on the balcony during the Iranian Siege of 1980.

2. Another one already? I was expecting perhaps an expansion for MW2 first.

3. I don't need to be the first man on the balcony, I was the 4th man in, I was behind Ginge, you know, the lanky one with the bushy tache and bad BO.

4. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Pebble Island?

Ended up cruelly disappointed witht the single player on MW2. Hope this may be better...

5. I liked MW 1. Though WAW was ok. But did not like MW2. I thought there was too much going on.

The standard for console is now Battlefield 2. Single & Multi.

I did also like Operation Flashpoint 2.

6. chrisg46

Really, we must have met! I was inside!

7. Infinity Ward (Who made MW2) make COD one year, whilst Treyarch (Behind WaW), make one for the following year. Apparently, Infinity Ward is already working on Modern Warfare 3 for 2011.

I think you were the only one! :D

8. Walt. I was the 15th man on that balcony and I distinctly remember you being stood behind paddy who was at least the 19th bloke on there.

As for the game, thats another several hundred hours of my life thats going to go to waste.

9. I take it you were the one in the turban?

10. chrisg46

Damn thing kept falling over my eyes...

11. I wish they'd make MW2 feckin work, I'm sick of people disapearing past me then back infront.

Watching killcams showing me being a fig11 shite game shite game, but addictive....bast*rds.

12. Have you tried re-setting your router?

When you enter multiplayer, you will see your router's status on the left of the screen, being either "Open", "Moderate" or "Strict". If you are either on Moderate or Strict, it'll make it more difficult to join games AND mean your connection is 'lagging'. Try re-setting the router, this usually solves the problem, and then you should have no trouble with people disappearing behind you before you've died.

Hope this is legible and it helps.

13. Really????

I thought it was utter gash and chopped it in along with M.A.G. (anyone else think the same?) for a bit of store credit.

The jury is still out on Battlefield Bad Company 2 as well for me.

Really looking forward to Black Ops though!

14. BA, seen the NAT code, mine is open......god knows what it is.
    I could be blacking out, epilepsy......all excuses for being shite.

15. Its either your shite health or all your enemies are utilising Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro and Commando Pro. :twisted: