Call Of Duty 4 - To Clan or not to Clan?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Stinkerson, May 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After getting online with the PS3 I have been playing Call of Duty 4 a lot!

It seems to me that there are loads of people out there with Clan Tags. I take it that they belong to a group of people that play and fight together in the team battles.

After doing an ARRSE search I came across the ARRSE clan but that didn't really shed any light.

My question (general wondering) is this:

Does it really matter that you are part of a clan? Apart from having loads of friends to invite to games (which can be done through friend invite anyway) does it really make a difference to the game play, experience level, etc ?

2. Not everyone who has a clan tag is in a clan.
    I know a few friends who just put their footy team or nickname in the clan tag.
    I have 'arse' as my clan tag as there was a thread on here and lots of people added each other and occasionally we match up but no clan as such.
    Being in a clan doesn't make any difference to the game, usually just means you can compete against mates and keep stats.
    Billy

3. I'm interested in joining a clan.
    How do I go about it on the 360?
    Do I need to be invited?
    If so, & any kind sirs would like to invite me, my user name is "CovertBlue".

4. www.gamebattles.com sign up there make a clan and challenge other clans and work your way up a seasonal ladder. Make the play offs and become pro and play for money.

5. Hmmmmmm..........Interesting!

Cheers guys.

So, anyone in any decent clans out there?

6. If you did a bit of searching you would find this Linky