Call Of Duty 4 - To Clan or not to Clan?

After getting online with the PS3 I have been playing Call of Duty 4 a lot!

It seems to me that there are loads of people out there with Clan Tags. I take it that they belong to a group of people that play and fight together in the team battles.

After doing an ARRSE search I came across the ARRSE clan but that didn't really shed any light.

My question (general wondering) is this:

Does it really matter that you are part of a clan? Apart from having loads of friends to invite to games (which can be done through friend invite anyway) does it really make a difference to the game play, experience level, etc ?

Not everyone who has a clan tag is in a clan.
I know a few friends who just put their footy team or nickname in the clan tag.
I have 'arse' as my clan tag as there was a thread on here and lots of people added each other and occasionally we match up but no clan as such.
Being in a clan doesn't make any difference to the game, usually just means you can compete against mates and keep stats.
Billy

I'm interested in joining a clan.
How do I go about it on the 360?
Do I need to be invited?
If so, & any kind sirs would like to invite me, my user name is "CovertBlue".

Stinkerson said:
After getting online with the PS3 I have been playing Call of Duty 4 a lot!

It seems to me that there are loads of people out there with Clan Tags. I take it that they belong to a group of people that play and fight together in the team battles.

After doing an ARRSE search I came across the ARRSE clan but that didn't really shed any light.

My question (general wondering) is this:

Does it really matter that you are part of a clan? Apart from having loads of friends to invite to games (which can be done through friend invite anyway) does it really make a difference to the game play, experience level, etc ?
If you did a bit of searching you would find this Linky

Latest Threads