Call Of Duty 4 Multiplayer Problems

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by wolverine9314, Feb 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone had any issues running the above on multiplayer? My PS3 freezes when I try to run it, leaving me no option other than to hard reset the console. I understand that it may be something to do with the firmware update (which is current) but I don't know how, if at all to over come it....?

2. Hi Mate,

It will not allow you to even play the game if you don't have the lastest ps firmware, so I doubt this is the issue... How far do you get exactly and can you play other online games?

3. I get to the MP screen, then any option I select will freeze the console...I get a "downloading game settings" message that will stay there for up to 30 minutes....I think I might just lay it to rest! Funny thing is, it worked the first time, now it has given up. Weird....

4. Anyone who has seen this thread and has simliar problems, I managed to fix it. As long as nothing else is sharing your wireless router...PC etc, it should be okay.

5. Apologies if i had seen it earlier i would have let you know the possible solution! What wireless router are you using? Interested to know if its a certain type that is unable to cope with the workload!

6. Do tell, I have a belkin something or other. I seem to have fixed it, if I reset my router before playing, then I am golden. Unless you have an alternative?

7. No 2 son caused me endless grief with his damn PS3 in terms of it creating IP conflicts and general aggro on my network.

All sorted by assigning it a fixed IP number and reflashing the router (Linksys) with latest version of firmware.