Call me Dave

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Robbeaus, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It has been reported in the press this am, that Camms has been a little bit dishonest over what he says to various groups dependent on which group he is talking to.
    This is yet another example of an Oxymoron, as it implys Camms has the interlectual capacity to difference between the truth (as in jumping up and buying ones arse) and dishonesty.
    Any other examples of the press being used to make call me Dave human?

2. Link?

3. Politician tells untruths, shock horror. Next, water is wet and cows eat grass.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Great topic for current affairs.

5. As has already been said, politicians will lie, obfuscate and invent things to sell themselves or their ideas to separate groups with differing agendas, as will most people in senior positions within organisations and I include the armed forces in this too.

Your post suggests a hidden agenda here otherwise you'd have also asked for similar occurrences for that fop Millibrand or that really nice person Balls or even the snooty looking Osbourne.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I change my tone and the things I say depending on who I'm speaking to. It's common sense, and doubly so for a politician.

If this is the best you can come up with, Cameron must be doing a brilliant job.

7. Your real name isn't June Hautot by any chance is it?

8. I rather thought that was called being socially confident and being able to communicate with your audience, rather than preach at them in a Sanctimonious manner which the previous PM demonstrated so aptly.

9. Given that CMD and Blair are essentially cut from the same cloth, I must admit to being confused, although not entirely surprised as to how the majority here view one as ok and the other as Satan incarnate.

They both lurk(ed) around the centre ground of politics. Cameron is more to the left than most of his party, Blair was more to the right of his. They both indicated a love of hugging trees and all things green and flowery, both professed to be tough on crime (and for god's sake don't for a second intimate that Dave actually is, because he simply isn't) and there are many more comparisions besides.

Personally, I quite like "the third way" as a concept so neither of them is too bad in my book.. not too great either, but not too bad.

Back to topic, of course he lies. As mentioned all politicans do, especially those who are looking to kill off the NHS while solemnly maintaining that they are doing no such thing.

10. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Call me Dave can articulate a vision of what he thinks the UK's problems are and what he thinks the solutions should be. He trims his sails to the wind like pretty well any senior politician does, but I think he's a little more honest than some politicians I could mention.

Blair never gave me the impression he was particularly interested in solving UK PLC's problems - just in the possession and exercise of power. To retain that power he would be less than sincere about his beliefs and intentions.

Call me Dave has a tricky course to navigate (with coalition partners to appease) and by and large he seems to be following his vision for the UK. Budgets are being brought under control and the more obvious stupidities of officialdom are being reined in. Some degree of change (whether you agree with it or not) is being accomplished.

Blair (with a very large parliamentary majority) seemed more interested in sound bite politics than actually managing change. I'd struggle to think of any lasting Blair achievements - save a massive increase in UK debt.

Wordsmith

• Like Like x 2
  11. What a lot of crap you do talk. Don't you have anything useful to do?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Drivel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.