Calcutta Light Horse

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by udipur, Jun 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Saw the Sea Wolves for the first time in ten years and thought that they looked like they had a lot of fun.

Being (obviously) considerably younger than the average old croaker in the film, I idly wondered whether there is a current (albeit slightly tongue in cheek) need for a bunch of ex wannabes to go and 'sort out' an issue.

What could we put a team together for?

2. LoF tried somthing like that in 1914,

3. Your idea has some merit.
    There was a move a while back to start a rival to Blackwater.
    It was to be called "Arrsewater" and would be comprised of people who were considerably more out of control, true sex pests and your friendly neighbourhood psychos
    Regrettably, nothing came of it because I'm sure that we would have been able to offer a serious contribution to world stability

4. Gentlemen

If you are thinking of forming such a unit, could I please put name down for consideration. I would like to think that my skills have not diminished and that I could still perform with gusto, just at a much slower pace

5. Let's see.... you'd need a clever bloke who wears gloves and smokes cigars, a good looking bloke who good at lying, a big black bloke who's scared of flying.......

6. Something with a nautical flavour.......like capturing a ship hijacked by Somali pirates perhaps?
    Or for the oldies, a bank heist inspired by the Jack Hawkins film made in 1960, The League of Gentlemen. One of my favourite films and was an original idea for the Great Train Robbery.
    Of course the Calcutta Light Horse were a reserve unit and perhaps we should look to the TA for personnel.

7. What, like this?

Unit transport was cheap, most having bus passes.
    It attracted some strange applicants, allegedly.

8. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Blimey. I was thinking of a more proactive role...

9. Plenty of city types in the HAC.

Not fully employed at the moment and all are either risk takers, gamblers or outright crooks.

Must be an opening for them somewhere.