Cake Help!

Thanks all for the advice, and the condolences.

We tried some of it, all is well, although the base is a bit dense.

Thanks all for the advice, and the condolences.

We tried some of it, all is well, although the base is a bit dense.
Your nickname is "the Base"? :p

aardvark64

Old-Salt
Doesn't this belong on the Emperor Mong thread?

Now we're talking!

Won't the base be a bit on the dry side?
Not if you soak it in kirsch (cherry liqueur). I would also recommend a chocolate mousse rather than custard (Angel Delight if you're a complete dildo in the kitchen) if you want to stick to a Black Forest Gateau theme.

Well its all gone wrong. She came home early and there's me juggling slivers of cake.

Thanks for the help though.

She found it highly amusing, now I'm only going to have to suffer a life time of comments about mistaking Inches for Centimetres.
Have you being doing that all your life big man ;) :)

offog

LE
Never mind - its the thought that counts . . . :)

(just keep telling yourself that every time it gets dredged up over the next 15-20 years!)
You're optimistic, mine goes to the shops and come home with everything I don't need and forgets the one thing I asked her to get but still brings up the kitchen ceiling coming down 30 years ago as if it was yesterday.

(Angel Delight if you're a complete dildo in the kitchen)
What give you that impression, As if you have any evidence.

You're optimistic, mine goes to the shops and come home with everything I don't need and forgets the one thing I asked her to get but still brings up the kitchen ceiling coming down 30 years ago as if it was yesterday.
I'm lucky, I have the mother all foul ups on her behalf. There was a country fair at Sandringham. She convinced me to go, I asked if she wanted to borrow my working Satnav. "Nahh I know the route."

The walk along the beach at Cromer was very enjoyable.

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
You should’ve dropped me a line. The army burd wot won Great British Bake Off is now a JTAC in my Battery, I’m sure she could’ve offered some advice.

Latest Threads