Cake Eating Germans Release Convicted Terrorists...

OK, I'm stumped. What's with today's German/Cake motif?

Gotta feel sorry for the Bundeswehr lads, they're not going to live this down in a hurry. Frederick the Great must be weeping.

Now this is getting more classic:

"Darabim, 48, and Rhayel, a suspected member of the Iranian-backed Lebanese Hezbollah militia movement, were jailed for life for the 1992 murder of four Kurdish dissidents in a Greek restaurant in Berlin called "Mykonos".

Their trial set off a diplomatic crisis between Europe and Iran because the German judges found that the restaurant killings had been carried out at the orders of Tehran.

Relations with Iran plunged to freezing point over the verdict because Tehran was furious for being fingered for sponsoring terror."

"We're outraged at being labelled terrorists", Say's the Mullah's regime. So what is their solution?

"Tehran attempted to negotiate his release in return for that of the German holidaymaker Donald Klein, who was jailed for violating Iranian territorial waters while fishing.

Klein was freed in March."

Kidnapping and detention of a holidaymaker, held hostage and ransomed, and subsequently released in exchange for a man who got caught blowing up a restaurant in Germany, murdering 4.

Terrorist State? Iran? No... surely not? 8O

http://www.iranian.ws/iran_news/publish/article_23630.shtml

What would dear old Uncle Adi say? What about Otto Von Bismarck or Barbarossa.
I don't know what happened to the old Wehrmacht, political differences aside, it was among the preeminent armies of the world and it probably still can be, the Germans are a military race and the race is the same as it always has been. I feel sorry for the German army, I think that they are probably embarassed by such events as this and not being allowed on night operations in Afghanistan(too dangerous).